Can I Run Squad On My Computer?
Squad is currently available to play on PC only. A moderately demanding game, the official minimum and recommended system requirements for Squad are listed below, though we’d usually advise assuming a bit more power is needed just to be on the safe side.
If you aren’t aware of the specs of your PC, we’d suggest having a quick look at our guide on how to look up your PC specifications. If it turns out your current specs aren’t up to snuff, take a look at the foot of this page for some suggested PCs which will definitely play it, for different budget levels.
If you want to buy a copy of Squad at a good price, see Eneba for good deals on it and other PC games.
Squad Release Date & Game Details
- Release Date : 23rd September 2020 (Microsoft Windows)
- System Requirements : Medium
- Genre : First-Person Shooter / Military Simulation / Multiplayer / Strategy
- Developer : Offworld Industries
- Publisher : Offworld Industries
Squad is a fairly unique game which combines the large-scale military simulation elements of ARMA with improved combat gameplay, graphics and especially sound design. Two teams of up to 50 players from a range of different factions (from developed militaries to insurgent and rebel forces) fight it out in various different territory control/objective capture game modes, using a range of different land vehicles and helicopters. Teamwork and coordination is paramount, so bring your mic!
Squad System Requirements
- CPU : Intel Core i / AMD Ryzen with 4 physical cores
- RAM : 8GB RAM
- GPU / Video Card : Geforce GTX 770 / AMD Radeon HD 7970 with at least 4 GB of VRAM
- Storage : 55GB HDD
- Operating System : Windows 10 or later (64-bit or later)
- CPU : Intel Core i / AMD Ryzen with 6 physical cores
- RAM : 16 GB RAM
- GPU / Video Card : Nvidia GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon 570 with at least 6GB of VRAM
- Storage : 55GB SSD
- Operating System : Windows 10 or later (64-bit)
Squad Minimum System Requirements
Squad Recommended System Requirements
What Gaming PC Do We Recommend To Play Squad?
Squad will run on $600 self-builds at 1080p if you’re happy with keeping the graphics to the lowest settings. The higher graphical settings will require something more like a $1,000 self-build however at 1080p, and if you want to play on 1440p then a $1,500 build is what’s called for, and a $2,000 self-build or above for 4K gameplay at decent FPS.
If you really don’t want to put together your own rig then we would suggest going with a pre-build for $800 to play at 1080p at the lower settings with a solid frame rate. The highest graphical presets will require a PC at least as powerful as a $1,000 pre-build at 1080p, a $1,500 pre-build, or at least a $2,000 pre-build for 4K.