Call of Duty Vanguard crashing on PC issues: Quick fix
Everything you need to know to stop Call of Duty vanguard crashing
Call of Duty Vanguard is finally here, and, for the most part, it’s running pretty smoothly for most players. However, and like most new titles, there are a number of individuals that are experiencing Call of Duty Vanguard crashes on the PC version.
While this is far from ideal, players will be happy to hear that the problem doesn’t seem deep routed in the game’s development. Instead, it looks like a user compatibility issue that can be fixed via updates.
In this guide, we’ll be going through everything we know about Call of Duty Vanguard’s crashing issues on PC, explaining exactly how to fix it.
Call of Duty Vanguard crashing PC fixes
So, if you are experiencing this annoying bug, you’re probably thinking how exactly do you fix it? Well, luckily, the issues seem to be occurring thanks to outdated drivers and graphics settings.
That means you should be able to fix the problem without having to wait days or weeks for a bug fix.
Below we will list everything you need to do to get back on the Vanguard battlefield.
Update your graphics drivers
The number one fix now seems to be updating your graphics drivers. That’s right, outdated graphics drivers seem to be the main cause of the issue, with a simple update working for the majority of players.
If you aren’t that tech-savvy, fear not, updating your drivers is a fairly straightforward process. We have a full article on how to update your graphics drivers here.
Once you’ve updated your drivers, simply restart your PC, reload the game and you should be golden.
We’ve had many questions here over the past couple of days asking what are the best settings to use for Call of Duty Vanguard multiplayer. With the game’s competitive nature now rivalling top esports titles, it’s no surprise that many players are trying to gain an advantage over their competition via graphical settings.
We’ve compiled a list of graphics settings below that should give you the smoothest gaming experience possible:
- Display Mode: Fullscreen
- Monitor: Select your panel
- Refresh Rate: max
- Sync Every Frame (V-Sync): Off
- Framerate Limit: You can set it to 144 or Custom.
- Gameplay Custom Framerate Limit: Set this to the highest refresh rate your monitor supports
- Menu Custom Framerate Limit: 60
- Minimized Game Custom Framerate Limit: 15
- NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency: Enabled
- Display Resolution: Set this to the highest resolution your monitor supports. Or you can reduce it if you want to play at lower resolution
- Display Gamma: 2.2 (sRGB)
- Focused Mode: Off
- Focused Mode Opacity: 0
- Display Adapter: Select your graphics card here
- On-Demand Texture Streaming: Off
- Render Resolution: 100
- VRAM Usage Target: 90%
Details & Textures
- Texture Resolution: Medium
- Texture Filter Anisotropic: High
- Particle Quality Level: Very Low
- Particle Resolution: Low
- Bullet Impacts & Sprays: Off
- Tesselation: Off
- Level of Detail: Medium
- Level of Detail Distance Quality: Low
- Volumetric Quality Level: Low
Shadow and Lighting
- Shadow Map Resolution: Low
- Sun Shadow Cascades: Low
- Cache Spot Shadows: On
- Spot Cache Size: Off
- Cache Sun Shadows: On
- Spot Shadow Quality: Low
- Particle Lighting: Low
- Ambient Occlusion: Off
- GTAO: Low
- Screen Space Reflection: Off
Post Processing Effects
- Anti-Aliasing: SMAA T2X
- Filmic Strength: 0
- Field of View: 120
- ADS Field of View: Independent
- Camera Movement: 50%
- World Motion Blur: Off
- Weapon Motion Blur: Off
- Depth of Field: Off
That’s all there is to it. Let us know if this helped you with the annoying Call of Duty Vanguard ‘crashing’ on PC bug. If not, we’ll do our best to find an alternative solution.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more