How to use Amiibo in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Experience the joy of receiving free items and bonuses in your games with the help of Amiibo, which you can proudly display on your shelf. Just like in Breath of the Wild, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is expected to offer similar bonuses through Amiibo.
However, avid fans are well aware that game-specific Amiibo tend to provide even greater rewards. This leads to an intriguing question: Will Zelda Tears of the Kingdom introduce its own line of Amiibo, or will it rely on the existing Amiibo from Breath of the Wild? Let’s explore this Amiibo mystery and anticipate what surprises lie ahead.
How to use Amiibo in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
To use Amiibo in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, you need to:
- Open the ability wheel – Hold down the L Button to open the ability wheel.
- Select the Amiibo ability – Use the Right Stick to point to the Amiibo icon in the ability wheel.
- Activate the Amiibo ability – Let go of the L Button to activate the Amiibo ability.
- Scan the Amiibo – Place your Amiibo over the Right Stick of the console.
- Collect your rewards – After a moment, rewards will drop from the sky in the area indicated on the screen.
All Tears of the Kingdom Amiibo rewards and unlockables
When using Amiibo in Tears of the Kingdom, you will unlock various items, skins, and resources to use in the game. You may even get access to a few companions depending on what Amiibo is used. The following rewards are known in the game so far:
- Tears of the Kingdom Link Amiibo – Champion’s Tunic Paraglider Skin
- Breath of the Wild Rider Link Amiibo – Hylian Hood Paraglider Skin
- Skyward Sword Zelda and Loftwing Amiibo – Zelda’s Sailcloth Paraglider Skin
- Young Link Amiibo – Majora’s Mask Paraglider Skin
- Sheik Smash Brother Amiibo – Sheik Paraglider Skin
- Smash Brothers Link Amiibo – Epona, Cap of Twilight, Tunic of Twilight, Trousers of Twilight
- Skyward Sword Link Amiibo – Cap of Sky, Tunic of Sky, Trousers of Sky
- Ocarina of Time Link Amiibo – Cap of Time, Tunic of Time, Trousers of Time
- Wind Waker Link Amiibo – Cap of the Wind, Tunic of the Wind, Trousers of the Wind, Sea Breeze Shield
- Link’s Awakening Link Amiibo – Wind Fish Egg Paraglider Fabric, Cap of Awakening, Tunic of Awakening, Trousers of Awakening
- 8-Bit Link Amiibo – Cap of the Hero, Tunic of the Hero, Trousers of the Hero
- Twilight Princess Wolf Link Amiibo – Mirror of Twilight Paraglider Fabric
- Breath of the Wild Mipha Amiibo – Zora Champion Paraglider Fabric
- Breath of the Wild Daruk Amiibo – Goron Champion Paraglider Fabric
- Breath of the Wild Revali Amiibo – Rito Champion Paraglider Fabric
- Breath of the Wild Urbosa Amiibo – Gerudo Champion Paraglider Fabric
- Breath of the Wild Guardian Amiibo – Ancient-Sheikah Paraglider Fabric
- Breath of the Wild Bokoblin Amiibo – Bokoblin Paraglider Fabric
How many Amiibo rewards are available in Tears of the Kingdom?
There is a total of 18 amiibo rewards available in Tears of the Kingdom, with most of them having extra rewards when unlocked.
How to use Amiibos in Tears of the Kingdom?
Simply by opening your ability wheel and selecting amiibo, ensure you scan the amiibo to collect the rewards that will drop from the sky.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more