The Open For Business sign in Elden Ring
What a mysterious message
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Another Elden Ring mystery to solve – what is the Open For Business sign in Elden Ring? Well, we’ll tell you all about it in this quick guide.
If you’ve spent any amount of time playing Elden Ring, then you probably already know that players can leave behind messages for each other, as well as leaving behind blood stains to warn others of how they died. Of course, sometimes, the messages aren’t actually from other players and have been put there by the game designers to help the player, such as during the tutorial.
If you’ve explored the game’s first area Limgrave, then you’ve probably come across a sign that said: Open for Business. If you want to know what that means, then we can help you with that.
Another mystery: Who is saying ‘oi you there’ in Elden ring?
What’s with the Open For Business sign?
As you follow the main road through the Mistwood in Limgrave, you’ll come across a sign on the ground even if you’re playing offline. This is a sign put there by the game itself, or more specifically, by one of the game’s nomadic merchants to let passers-by know that he is open for business. As you approach the sign you’ll probably attract the attention of the local demi-human population, so make sure you take those guys out before looking for the person who put the sign down.
With those relatively weak enemies taken care of, take a look off to the northeast. You should see the smoke of a campfire rising over a slight rocky mound ahead of you. Walk towards it and you should find a nomadic merchant sitting playing his weird instrument with his horse nearby. As you approach the guy will repeat his ‘open for business’ message, so maybe consider buying yourself some of those cookbooks that he’s carrying, besides, he says he’s been hungry for a fair while and you wouldn’t want the poor guy to starve would you?
More Elden Ring content
Ever since Elden Ring released, we’ve been covering as many aspects of the game as we can (there’s a lot to get through!). Anyway, let’s list a few other guides and FAQs for you to take a look at.
- Elden Ring beginner’s guide – how not to die immediately
- Elden Ring low FPS – How to fix Elden Ring performance issues
- Complete list of Legendary Armaments locations in Elden Ring
- Elden Ring Waypoint Ruins guide – Location, boss guide, items
- Elden Ring Limgrave Merchant Guide
- Elden Ring Caelid Merchant guide
- Elden Ring Erdtree Burial Watchdog boss guide
Elden Ring FAQs
- Who are the Elden Ring demigods?
- What does arcane do in Elden Ring?
- What is the max level in Elden Ring?
- How long does it take to beat Elden Ring?
- What is the Stranded Graveyard in Elden Ring?
- What is Elden Ring’s review score on Metacritic?
- Should I play Elden Ring with a controller on PC?
- Who is the final boss in Elden Ring?