FIFA 23: How to Play Kick Off
Everything you need to know about Kick Off in FIFA 23.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Like every year, there are plenty of game modes to try out in FIFA 23 ranging from the most popular game mode Ultimate Team, to Pro Clubs and Career Mode too. We are going to be highlighting Kick Off.
Most people play Kick Off so they can compete with their friends in coach co-op, so here is how:
How to play Kick Off
In FIFA 23, Kick Off is simple enough to find, but is crucial to trying to figure out who is the best amongst you and your pals. Kick Off can be found as one of the options in the in-game menus, but once you’re there, there are a few options.
After you go into Kick Off, the first thing you will need to do is choose your side. Once again this is simple enough, you move your controller either left or right to choose home or away. If you and your friend are on the same side, you will be playing on the same team.
If no sides are selected then you will be watching the AI play out a game, but you can always jump in using the side select tool in the settings.
What modes are in Kick Off?
Kick Off boasts eight different modes in FIFA 23. It is worth noting, Kick Off is online only, if you want to play online with your friends then you will need to use a different game mode.
Here are the different types of games you can play in Kick Off:
- This is your typical pick-up-and-play mode – easy to get into and allows you plenty of customization, from match length to weather. You can also change things like the time of day and what stadium you’re playing in too.
- This was introduced a couple of years ago and went down a storm with fans. It’s far from traditional FIFA In this mode you’ll be doing things such as headers and volleys, scoring from range and more. It is a great way to spice up FIFA matches.
- These are games that are to be played on the streets, trying to capture what FIFA Street was doing all them years ago. It is not quite as good as FIFA Street, but once again the added flair in these matches freshens up a normal match. You can play 2v2, 4v4 and 5v5 across lively, compact stadiums all over the world.
UEFA Champions League
- Select a side then battle through an entire tournament in hope of the most coveted trophy in Europe.
- Just like the above, you can take part in South America’s flagship tournament.
- Skip all of the group stages and head straight for the main event. The Europa League Final, FA Cup Final and Champions League Final are amongst those that feature.
Home and Away
- Two matches with the winner being the team who has scored the most goals combined.
Best of Series
- Exactly what you think – set a ‘best of’ limit then battle it out for the win.
All of the game modes within Kick-Off are enjoyable in their own way. This is the perfect place to show off against your friends, to prove who is the ultimate FIFA 23 player.