Marvel X FIFA 23
Marvel made Superheroes are coming to FIFA 23
In what can only be described as having a mare, EA leaked news that they are doing a collaboration with Marvel.
Now, a few weeks later, we have received the official press release giving us further details and information on the upcoming collaboration between the two companies.
This may be one of the strangest places we have seen the Marvel licensing pop up after they have had multiple partnerships with other games, most notably Fortnite. That doesn’t mean it isn’t exciting though, this event coming later in the year is certainly one to keep an eye on when FIFA 23 releases.
READ MORE: FIFA 23 Release date and what we know so far
The two parties coming together for a project like this isn’t too unbelievable considering the pre-existing relationship Disney has with EA due to their Star Wars partnership.
However, Marvel and FIFA 23 may be a huge surprise for both superhero and football fans alike.
From Heroes to Superheroes
This event will include vanity items that are inspired by the Heroes in the comics, these items will include things like tifos, balls, kits and much more.
The release of the promo will also be accompanied by Marvel Heroes comics, as well as bios for each of the players. Eventually you will be able to get the comics when they have a limited physical release.
The event looks to take place around the holiday period, which is in-line with the World Cup.
We also got confirmation of a new hero coming to the game. Landon Donovan, the former USA international will be returning to the game after he has been missing since FIFA 18.
He was one of Icons back then, but now he is coming back as a Hero.
As of the 16th of August we now know there are even more Heroes set to feature in this fascinating collaboration. The Heroes featured in the above image show there will be even more new players coming to FIFA 23, who have received the official Marvel treatment.
The new players will be:
- Diego Forlan – 91 – as “Sunstrike”
- Lucio – 90 – as “The Thunder”
- Rafael Marquez – 89 – as “El Kaiser”
- Javier Mascherano – 89 – as “Octob-Boss”
- Yaya Toure – 89 -as “The Citadel”
- Landon Donovan – 88 – as “The Brave”
- Park Ji-Sung – 87 – as “Tigerheart”
- Cladio Marchioso – 88 – as “Il Prinicipino”
- Peter Crouch – 86 – as “The Robot”
- Tomas Brolin – 89 – as “The Tornado”
- Harry Kewell – 88 – as “The Wizard of Aus”
- Sidney Govou – 87 – as “The Lion of Lyon”
- Jean Pierre-Papin – 90 – as “The Acrobat”
- Dirk Kuyt – 88 – as “The Energizer”
- Rudi Völler – 91 – as “The Flying German”
- Hidetoshi Nakata – 88 – as “Stealth Agent 78”
- Jay-Jay Okocha – 89 – as “Double Take”
- Joan Capdevila – 88 – as “The Backfield Bull”
- Włodzimierz Smolarek – 88 – as “Phase Shift”
- Saeed Al-Owairan – 88 – as “The Emerald Falcon”
We cannot wait to see who else will be receiving this treatment and what designs Marvel comes up with for the cards. It is still unknown if previous Heroes in the game will also be included, or if the Heroes if FIFA 23 will be completely new.
There should be more to follow soon.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more