Richie has been playing video games for almost as long as they’ve existed. He started writing about them back in the days of Quake, Super Mario 64 and Command & Conquer, and has barely stopped since.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Fishing has suddenly become a popular leisure pursuit in Genshin Impact 2.1, with Golden Koi and Rusty Koi proving to be particularly popular among fisherfolk. The reason why is because both species are required to claim “The Catch”, which is a new 4-star weapon added to the game. Players will need to exchange 20 Golden Koi and 20 Rusty Koi to unlock “The Catch”. Golden Koi and Rusty Koi can also be added to housing areas (Realm Within), via use of their Serenitea Pot.
In order to catch Golden Koi or Rusty Koi in Genshin Impact, players keep to equip Fake Fly Bait. 10 units of Fake Fly Bait can be crafted from one unit of Sakura Bloom and one unit of Horsetail.
Where to find Rusty Koi and Golden Koi
Golden Koi and Rusty Koi can be found across all of Inazuma. From north to south the fishing locations are:
Mondstatd Golden and Rusty Koi Location
- Directly east of the city of Mondstadt, just south of the Whispering Woods.
- Golden Koi can also be fished from the estuary beneath the Stormbearer Mountains, directly north of Starfell Lake.
Liyue Golden and Rusty Koi Locations
- West of the docks of Wangshu Inn.
- In the middle of the bridge that separates Guili Plains from Mingyun Village.
- Near the entrance of the Hidden Palace of Guizang Formula at the south of Luhua Pool.
Inazuma Golden and Rusty Koi Location
- Beneath the gaze of the Statue of the Seven to the east of Koseki Village.
Links to our other Genshin Impact guides
Check out the Genshin Impact interactive map for the locations of all the new fishing spots in the game.