Halo Infinite known issues, bugs, fixes – A full list
Looking to avoid any teething issues with Halo Infinite multiplayer? Here are all the problems so far
Halo fans around the world rejoiced when the multiplayer portion of Halo Infinite dropped almost out of the blue at the end of Xbox’s 20th Anniversary stream. This allowed everyone to simply download the game free of charge and hop right into some PVP action almost a month before the ‘official’ December launch.
Overall, it’s been a pretty slick release with guns, movement, and in-game mechanics working as they should both on PC and console. This is probably due to the number of flight tests that were undertaken in the Summer which allowed players to push the game to its limits in an early build, notifying 343 of any potential pitfalls.
While the majority of players were able to access the game with little to no hiccups, there have been some experiencing the wrath of DirectX 12, bugged challenges, and more. This is a little unfortunate as these kinks might have been ironed out if the game had launched on its announced release date but don’t fret, 343 is on it.
Below, we’ll be detailing the full list of Halo Infinite’s known issues, bugs, and fixes from the mouths of the developers so that you can be aware of what’s potentially in store for you when you boot up the game for yourself.
Halo Infinite known issues, bugs, fixes
Here is the full list of the known issues, bugs, and fixes that we mentioned will be coming up. This list will be updated as and when 343 releases another blog post on the matter so that it will have the most recent information possible.
- Players with AMD Radeon RX 500 Series GPUs may crash if Async Compute in the Video Settings is set to On.
- Disabling Async Compute fixes this.
- Older AMD GPU drivers can lead to poor performance.
- Updating drivers to the most recent version fixes this.
- Hovering the mouse cursor over some menu items does not update what is selected before clicking it.
- The arrow keys still work as expected.
- If a PC player has a fireteam set to Invite Only and invites an Xbox player who has two players signed in for splitscreen, the Xbox player who accepts the invitation receives an error saying they can’t join the fireteam. The PC player incorrectly sees a notification that the invited player is joining the fireteam.
- Use the Friends Only or Open fireteam settings instead when inviting splitscreen Xbox players.
- Some minimum hardware specification GPUs may crash when playing intro cinematic sequences in 4k resolution.
- Uninstalling the Multiplayer HD texture packs fixes this.
- The Background Recording feature in Windows 10 or the Record What Happened feature in Windows 11 can cause performance issues when enabled.
- Turning these features off improves performance. They can be found in the Capture Settings menu of Windows 10 and the Captures menu of Windows 11.
- Some first-person animations may appear to stutter at 60 FPS or higher.
- Epic Armor Effects appear offset from the player’s arms in the Tutorial and Theater mode.
- Players standing on a destroyed vehicle experience stuttering and desyncs.
- In Training Mode, pausing the game during the intro sequence mutes most sound effects.
- Pausing and unpausing fixes this.
- While playing in splitscreen, audio settings change back to default when a player signs out.
- Customizations cannot be changed while loading into a match.
- Any option (such as Score to Win) in a Custom Game lobby does not reset to default when switching game modes.
- After changing the game mode options in the Custom Game lobby for any game mode, changing to a different mode then changing back to the first mode will still show those changed options. The match will start with default options.
- The first time a Custom Game mode is saved in the Mode Editor, changed Override options are missing when viewing that mode under My Files in the Community tab.
- Some Custom Game options do not apply correctly when the match starts.
- The kill feed sometimes disappears after a short time or will only provide information about the player being observed at the start of the match.
- At the start of a new round in a round-based mode, the Observer mode HUD setting sometimes switches to Hide.
- While watching a film, players who left the match appear as options to follow and prevent swapping between other viewpoints.
- After watching a film, attempting to watch another sometimes results in a “Load Error.”
- Restarting the game fixes this.
- When Halo Infinite officially launches on December 8th, saved films created before then will no longer be viewable.
- After rapidly signing in with multiple splitscreen players, the game can occasionally get stuck on the “Transitioning” step (visible in the top right of the screen) and becomes unable to create a lobby without restarting the game.
- In 4-player splitscreen, the “Return to the Battlefield” warning overlay that appears when a player is out of bounds can appear on the wrong player’s screen. Death due to spending too much time out of bounds still happens to the correct player.
- If a player besides player 1 takes control of the game and goes to the Multiplayer menu, using the Back button to back out of the Multiplayer menu does not work.
- In 4-player splitscreen, if a player drops out of the fireteam and the remaining players join a game in progress, one of these players will be unable to play. That player has graphical corruption, is stuck spectating another player, and can be killed by allied players even if friendly fire is off.
- When a splitscreen fireteam member signs out of their Xbox Live account, then signs back into that account, that player cannot rejoin the fireteam within Custom Games or a Multiplayer matchmaking lobby.
- Restarting the game fixes this.
USER INTERFACE & CONTROLS
- When using large numbers of XP Grants at once to gain Battle Pass XP to reach the maximum Battle Pass level, any XP grants that were not needed to reach that level are still consumed.
- In Ranked Arena playlists, completed matches occasionally do not count toward your rank and will show no stats at the end of the match.
- Credits purchased within the Microsoft Store while the game is running do not appear in-game until after restarting the game.
- Credits purchased during the scheduled store rollover do not appear until re-opening the Buy Credits section of the Store.
- After pre-purchasing the Campaign within the game, it can take up to a minute before the page updates the Buy button to a Close button.
- Academy, Custom Games, and the Mode Editor menu may not load while disconnected from the internet.
- When starting the game offline, connecting to the internet while on the main menu does not allow the player to play online.
- Restarting the game fixes this.
- Plugging in a mouse & keyboard during an active game session on an Xbox console locks the player to a 45 degree look radius.
- This issue does not occur if the mouse is already plugged in when the game is launched.
- The Horizontal Display Margin and Vertical Display Margin settings do not change these margins on Xbox One consoles.
- When using Keyboard & Mouse on console, mouse input does not work while the game is paused.
SOCIAL AND FIRETEAMS
- Players cannot join another player’s fireteam while in an active match.
- Leaving a game while dead and attempting to rejoin the same game by joining on a friend through the Social menu causes a loop of “Unable to Join” and “Connecting to Server” errors.
LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN)
- The LAN feature is disabled during the Halo Infinite multiplayer beta. It will be available upon the full launch of the game on December 8th.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more