How to uninstall Modern Warfare 2 campaign on PS5, Xbox, & PC
Removing unused Modern Warfare content can free up hard drive space without uninstalling the full game
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
If there is one thing Call of Duty fans know, it’s how large recent CoD titles can be, especially when you factor in Warzone 2 on top of that. As such, many players are curious about how to uninstall the Modern Warfare 2 campaign. Looking back, the original Modern Warfare game listed 175GB of storage space needed in its recommended system requirements, making it one of the largest file sizes in Call of Duty’s history.
We are going to go over the simple process of uninstalling Modern Warfare 2 and how to uninstall specific content to free up space on your storage devices.
How to uninstall Modern Warfare 2 campaign & multiplayer
Suppose you’re already enjoying the Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer. In that case, you can save a decent chunk of space by uninstalling the unnecessary parts of the game, including the campaign and extra modes.
Luckily, the process is quite simple, depending on your platform. We’ve listed the instructions below for how is best to delete the campaign from your PC:
Uninstall on PC (Steam)
- Open Steam and navigate to the game in your library
- Scroll down the page until you see the DLC section on the right.
- Click ‘Manage my (x) DLC.’
- Uncheck anything you want to remove, in this case, the campaign.
- Close the window.
Uninstall On PC (Battle.net)
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Click the Battle.net symbol in the top left, then select ‘settings.’
- Select ‘Game Settings’ on the left panel, and then click ‘Modern Warfare 2.’
- Select ‘Modify Install’ to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content, select ‘Modify Install.’
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Select ‘Confirm.’
Uninstall on PlayStation 5
- Find the game installed on your machine, and then press the ‘menu’ button.
- Select ‘Manage Game Content.’
- Click the trash icon next to any parts of the game you want to uninstall.
Uninstall on Xbox
- Find the game in your ‘My Games and Apps’ section and hit the menu button.
- Select ‘Manage Game & Add-Ons.’
- Under ‘Installed,’ uncheck any content you no longer want to keep installed.
What packs do you need to play Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer?
You don’t need the co-op or single-player asserts installed to play MW2 multiplayer, as long as you keep the base game and the multiplayer ‘DLC’ installed, you’ll be able to play online games against your friends.
We’ve listed the things that should be safe to uninstall if you still want to enjoy the MW2 multiplier. Remember, this is just advice, so any deleting you do is at your discretion:
- MW2 Campaign
- MW2 Co-Op
Technically, there’s a chance that you could require some of the co-op or solo assets for Warzone 2 when it comes out, but that’s just speculation at this stage. Besides, chances are you’ll be able to play Warzone 2 without the campaign or spec ops modes, just like you can with regular multiplayer.
Can I uninstall the MW2 campaign and still play multiplayer?
Yes, you can still enjoy multiplayer with friends even if you free up space by removing the campaign. Once completed it is worth removing from your storage device as it takes up quite a lot of room. It is really simple to remove the camping, just follow the steps above, and remember, you can always reinstall if you fancy another go in the future.
How to uninstall Modern Warfare 2 campaign FAQs
Can you uninstall MW2 campaign?
Yes, you can uninstall the story campaign of MW2 without losing access to other modes.
How many GB is Modern Warfare 2?
In practise, you’ll need at least 80GB free for MW2 on PC, but that doesn’t include any extra DLC or the Warzone 2 release.