Lost Ark update patch notes March 3
Downtime is over, so what’s new in Arkesia?
An update which was rolled out to Lost Ark servers on March 3-4, 2022 brought in a bunch of massive balance updates to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Guardian Raids and Abyssal Dungeons as well as a number of general fixes. Here’s a top line look at the biggest changes in this week’s Lost Ark update patch notes.
Lost Ark patch notes March 3
Tier 1 and 2 balance changes
Tier 1 and 2 content is available to players past Level 50, while Tier 3 is Lost Ark’s endgame content. As such, it’s more challenging than early levels.
According to the Lost Ark website, post-level 50 content was rolled out differently in the western release, and other regions have so far only received Tiers 1 and 2. As such, the time spent in Tiers 1 and 2, and progression required, was different for different servers, and has changed the way Tier 3 content has been received. To remedy this, Smilegate has rolled out Balance Changes to some Abyss Dungeons and Guardian Raids to try and improve the fairness and enjoyability of Tiers 1 and 2 for everyone, before globally releasing and adding to Tier 3.
A number of changes have been made to both the Phantom Palace Hall of the Twisted Warlord and Hildebrandt Palace, as well as the Sea of Indolence at the Gate of Paradise and Necromancer’s Origin in Ancient Elveria.
Ancient Elveria — Necromancer’s Origin
- When trying to defeat Sigmund during Stage 2, player forgiveness during the orb phase is improved.
- The visual effect of Sigmund’s color wave has changed to make it clearer to players.
Gate of Paradise — Sea of Indolence
- The Stage 2 omen attack warning time is increased
- Akam’s attack in Stage 2 has been changes from a wipe mechanic to a high damage attack
Phantom Palace — Hall of the Twisted Warlord
- The Phantom Legion King’s attack pattern has changed, as has the character’s Phantom Cut debuff stack.
- The Phantom Legion King’s Illusion Sword summon attack pattern has also changed.
Phantom Palace — Hildebrandt Palace
- Decreased the amount of damage required for the Stagger phase when Ephernia appears in Stage 3.
- Increased the Phantom Energy effect range from the Meteor mechanic during Stage 3.
- Changed the attack shape of the second Meteor mechanic from a circle to a front attack during Stage 3.
The Argos Abyss Raid Guardian has been added the game files for release later this month.
Flame Fox Yoho
The most changes have been made to the Tier 2 Raid Guardian Flame Fox Yoho, making it easier to defeat.
- Flame Fox Yoho’s HP has been lowered.
- Duration of the Flame Fox Yoho Guardian’s Flame Ground Attack has been reduced.
- The effect of the Burning Soul Ability has been nerfed.
- Damage dealt by Throwing Fox fires, jump forward claw attacks and jump upward claw attacks has been reduced.
Changes have also been made to the following Raid Guardians, with full details on all balance changes available to read on the official Lost Ark patch notes page.
- Lava Chromanium
General bug fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Battle Effects Display – include buff effects of party members” setting to not show some debuffs affecting party members.
- Fixed an issue that caused the top-left in-game clock to show the wrong time zone due to daylight saving time.
- Added an update to prevent players from being booted out of the server while logging in. We will continue to monitor data, feedback, and reports to ensure this issue is resolved.
- Applied a fix to help improve matchmaking issues. We will continue to monitor data, feedback, and reports to ensure this issue is resolved.
- Fixed an issue preventing an object from being interacted with during “Nineveh’s Aura of Chaos” rapport quest chain.
- Fixed an issue where the Abyss Trader was missing from Rothun.
- Fixed an issue where the Weekly Battle Item Bundle stated it could be claimed 10 times, correcting it to reflect the purchase limit of once a week.
- Added a chat filter for players to select specific languages.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more