How to make a Shulker Box in Minecraft
Shulker boxes are both a decoration and storage item in Minecraft. Here’s how to make one.
The Shulker Box has a twofold benefit – it increases your inventory capacity and also protects the items in it. Many players choose to use their Shulker box as a decoration item since it can be dyed in different colors as well.
In order to make the Shulker Box, players will have to be at an advanced stage in the game where they have defeated the dragon and are in the end cities.
How to Make a Shulker Box in Minecraft
Shulker Boxes have to be crafted in Minecraft and do not naturally generate. You will need to collect Shulker Shells from Shulker Enemies in order to make the Shulker Boxes. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start by traveling to an End City. You will require a sword that has a looting enchantment on it, and start looking out for shulkers. Shulkers don’t respawn in the same city after they have been destroyed. You can defeat a shulker by repeatedly hitting it with a weapon.
- Defeated Shulkers will drop two shulker shells. You can use these shells combined with one regular chest to make a Shulker Box. The crafting recipe involves placing the chest in the center slot of the 3×3 crafting grid, and two shells above and below it. The left and right columns should be empty and only the middle column filled.
- You have now created a Shulker Box in Minecraft.
How to Use a Shulker Box in Minecraft
Storage: Shulker Boxes add 27 inventory slots, and can greatly increase your storage capacity for items.
Decoration: You can also use Shulker Boxes for interior decoration in your builds. A Shulker box can be combined with any color dye and it will become that color.
An Anvil will allow you to change the name of your Shulker Box so that you can better keep track of the storage organization for your items. Since Shulker Boxes are an end-city crafting collectible, they are particularly useful for advanced players who have accumulated a large number of items in the game.
More Minecraft Crafting Recipe guides
- All you need to know about the Minecraft Crafting Table
- How to craft and use a Blast Furnace
- How to craft a Fermented Spider Eye
- How to make and use a Minecraft Armor Stand
- How to make a book in Minecraft
- How to craft a Shulker Box in Minecraft
- How to make and use a Fletching Table
- How to craft Minecraft Fireworks
- How to make green dye in Minecraft
- How to craft, find and use Minecraft Lanterns
And head over to our Minecraft hub for even more news, guides and how-tos!
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more