New World: How to change servers in New World
We teach you how to change server in New World
New World has had, quite frankly, an unbelievable launch with millions of players getting themselves in the game and grinding their way to as high a level as possible. However, as many have entered the holy New World gates, others have been left wanting, falling short due to long server queues and errors.
With Amazon Games working as hard as they can by increasing the number of servers available, there’s a chance that the server you’ve locked in for your New World character simply isn’t cutting it for you. Likely, you’ll want to change your New World server, maybe to one that has a better connection, or simply a lower queue number. While this was the fix, the latest New World 1.0.3 patch notes have finally implemented the long-awaited server transfers, albeit in stages with Utopia getting them first for eight hours.
How to change servers in New World
Once when the New World server maintenance ends on October 20, you should be able to transfer. There is an exclusivity window for eight hours in Utopia. If that works fine, then the New World server transfers should go live for all regions, unless there are specific errors that Amazon Games have to step in and have to alter in some way.
If the New World server transfer is available in your region or on your server then you will need to do the following.
- Log on your character you wish to trasnfer server.
- There will be a new tab in the in-game store to claim your character transfer token. You only get one free server transfer token per account, so, if you have mor ethan one character, choose wisely.
- If you are ina Company, leave it.
- Remove and active trading post orders.
- Place your character in a Sanctuary before you activeate your New World server transfer.
- One all these conditions are met, the in-game store feature should tell you how to change servers in New World to your preferred new home.
Please note that you cannot change to a New World server that is considered full. Full servers are supposed to be servers that experience a queue at peak times. Amazon Games are changing a lot of the full status restrictions ahead of the wave of New World server transfers to make it easier to migrate. However,
New World Transfer Storage
When your character is finally transferred, you will be able to able to carry over all your character’s storage, along with any quest progression and more. You should not lose any of your player power, progress, trade skills, or anything else. So, if you have several Storage Sheds full of content that you don’t want to lose, then you can bring that over to the world that you are opting to.
- You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your inventory and storage.
- You will keep all of your currency.
- You will keep your houses and housing decorations.
- You will keep all quest progress.
New World Region Transfers
While Amazon Games confirmed that New World region transfers are going to happen, it is not available in this patch. Players can only change worlds within their own region. Amazon Games originally mentioned that players can transfer regions, meaning players who rolled on EU to get a name reservation can get that name over in their preferred region. However, the feature is not yet ready as of patch 1.0.3. We’ll keep you posted if we get more information on the New World region transfers or not.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more