New World Patch Notes 1.0.1 & New World Server Maintenance
Amazon Games have revealed the New World patch notes for 1.0.1, along with the New World maintenance along with it.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Amazon Games has launched the New World patch notes for 1.0.1, the first update to New World since the game launched over a week ago. The New World 1.0.1 patch notes are addressing some of the biggest bugs that players are experiencing, along with other technical and server-side issues. While the New World patch gets implemented, players will find that the New World server maintenance is underway, taking down the servers to get everything ready for the New World patch notes, along with the groundwork for the foretold New World server transfers.
New World Sever Tranfers
The basis of the New World patch notes mentions that the server transfers are almost here. Last week, Amazon Games revealed that New World character transfers will be a thing, with them going sometime this week.
Once when the New World maintenance has gone offline, you can expect to see aspects of the New World server transfers on the in-game store. It more than likely means that you can server transfer through the in-game shop, likely setting the groundwork for it to become a paid service sometime in the near future and a free service for server launch issues.
New World server maintenance
The New World maintenance is in effect worldwide. At the time of writing, every server is currently offline and will come back online after four hours. The New World maintenance began at 11:00 BST and will last for four hours, ending at 15:00 BST. If you’re wondering how long will New World servers be down in your time zone, you can find the answers converted here.
- BST: 11:00 -15:00
- CEST: 12:00 -16:00
- ET 07:00 -11:00
- PT 04;00 – 08:00
- AEST: 20:00 – 00:00
Once the New World server downtime is over, you will find that New World patch 1.0.1 is live.
New World Patch Notes 1.0.1
Changed turret projectiles in War from physical projectiles to use hitscan detection. This should help performance in War, with fewer objects being spawned in the world.
In an effort to ensure players can’t stay AFK, especially in higher population servers, we’ve made the following adjustments to the AFK prevention system.
- Added additional AFK prevention to ensure players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movement.
- Shortened the AFK warning message from 20mins to 15mins.
- Shortened the AFK disconnect from 25mins to 20mins.
We added a confirmation screen when a player attempts to leave the queue for a world, asking the player to confirm if they’re intending to leave the queue. This should help ensure nobody accidentally leaves the queue and misses out on their spot in line.
- Fixed a rare issue causing the interact key to not properly function on various objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in “Pirate Stance” emote.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive coin as a reward from some activities.
- Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation may cause the player’s character to become stuck inside of a house.
- Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where some localized text was missing.
- Fixed an issue where players are asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, despite already having claimed the rewards.
- Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
- Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the abandoning event notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.
- Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the “Something to Prove” quest.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.
- Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players attempting to unlock the second faction rank.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the “Blessings of Earth” quest when you have gained any of the blessings will block progression in the Main Story Quest (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where the “Azoth Fulminate” quest will be unavailable to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Goodwill Squashing” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Arruda Jam” quest.
- Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light can enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the barkeep.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Taste for Revenge” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Predator, Prey” and “Great Expectations” quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Curse of Ebony Hawk” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Bond’s Gambit” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing “The Expedition into Saircor” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “One Threat at a Time” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Strength of the Earth” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Fading Lights” and “Azure Tears” quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Twisted Metamorphosis” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Blessings of the Fallen” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Facets of Light and Darkness” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Descent to Frosted Slumber” and “Transmuting Iron to Dust” quests.
If you’re interested, you can find the New World patch notes for 1.0.1 here.