LATEST: Saints Row Release Date, Pre Order & Demo
Become Your Own (Crime) Boss.
Oftentimes when it comes to remakes and reboots, people have concerns. Can the game recapture the magic that made the original so special, for starters? That’s a concern people have with the upcoming Saints Row game, but when is the Saints Row release date & where can you get a Saints Row pre order?
When will you be able to find out if this new take on the series is worth your time? Can you try the game now? Will it be as completely wild as the series usually is? We take a look at all these questions to tell you what you need to know and answer them for you.
Saints Row Release Date
Saints Row will be launching on 23 August this year across PC (Via the Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/ Xbox Series S and Google Stadia. It’s now been a full console generation since we last saw a new Saints Row game, putting a lot of pressure on the game to get it right. Not since Saints Row 4 (or if you count it, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell) has the series made itself known, so fans want this to be a return as much as the developers do.
Indeed, the title has been delayed in order for the developers to meet expectations, moving the release from February 25, 2022, to the aforementioned date of August 23, 2022.
As stated in a media statement from the studio themselves:
“Saints Row will no longer release on the originally announced date of 25th February 2022, instead it will launch worldwide on 23rd August 2022. Our priority is to create the best Saints Row game yet and, if we released on the original date, it wouldn’t be up to the standards we’ve set ourselves, and that you’re expecting and deserve. The team just need more time to do our vision justice; we’re doing some fine tuning and there won’t be much change in the game outside of overall quality and polish.”
UPDATE: We now have a story trailer for the game!
Saints Row Pre Order
So, you want to try the game. Your first step is of course figuring out what edition of the game you even want to get.
You could get the standard edition, of course. Just the base game, none of the bells and whistles. You could get one of the retailer exclusive editions. But you could also get the special edition that comes with a Steelbook, the expansion pass for the game, a poster, and more.
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Notorious Edition Xbox Series X)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Criminal Customs Edition- Game Exclusive Xbox Series X)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Day One Edition Xbox Series X)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Notorious Edition PS4)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Criminal Customs Edition- Game Exclusive PS4)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Day One Edition PS4)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Notorious Edition PS5)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Criminal Customs Edition- Game Exclusive PS5)
- Game.co.uk (Saints Row: Day One Edition PS5)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Day One Edition PS5)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Idols Edition PS5)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Notorious Edition PS5)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Day One Edition PS4)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Idols Edition PS4)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Notorious Edition PS4)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Day One Edition Xbox)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Idols Edition Xbox)
- Amazon.co.uk (Saints Row: Notorious Edition Xbox)
Saints Row Demo
So, there’s not a traditional demo for the game, at least not yet. What there is however might be more enticing to RPG fans, a fully-fledged character creator.
The Saints Row Boss Factory allows you to make your ideal Saints Row playable character before porting it over to the final game, assuming you make it on the same platform as you buy the final game.
Even if you buy it on a different system, it’s not really an issue. You can upload your creation to the cloud and download it using that, meaning you can truly create whatever character you want to create.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more