- Catch 10 Pokemon (Tediursa encounter)
- Spin 3 PokeStops or Gyms (1 Sun Stone)
- Purify 1 Shadow Pokemon (15 Poke Balls)
- Defeat 5 Team Go Rocket Grunts (5 Hyper Potions)
- Catch 5 Shadow Pokemon (5 Revives)
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokemon (15 Great Balls)
- Use 3 super-effective Charged Attacks in Gym Battles (1 Fast TM)
- Battle another trainer in the Great League (1 Charged TM)
- Purify 5 Shadow Pokemon (15 Ultra Balls)
- Defeat Team Go Rocket Leader Arlo, Cliff and Sierra (Flareon, Vamporeon and Jolteon encounter)
- Find the Team Go Rocket Boss (5 Max Potions)
- Battle the Team Go Rocket Boss (5 Max Revives)
- Defeat the Team Go Rocket Boss (1 King’s Rock)
- Claim Reward your rewards (6,000 XP)
Team Rocket’s Giovanni returned with a brand new shadow Pokémon, Ho Oh! After people scoured far and wide to get themselves a shadow Mewtwo. Shadow Mewtwo has long since been the reigning champion of Pokémon Go, being the strongest in-game.
Is Shadow Ho-Oh a running contender now? Is it worth purifying and everything else to know about shadow Ho Oh.
How to catch Shadow Ho Oh in Pokemon Go
In order to get the great rainbow turkey, you’ll need the Seven-colored Shadow questline active. You’ll need to complete the Team Go Rocket Special Research to then earn a Super Rocket Radar. With this, you’ll be able to track down Giovanni and save Shadow Ho Oh from him!
Players who has completed enough other Team Go Rocket special missions will have gotten the quest when they signed in between June 17th and September 1st 2021. If you didn’t received it, you’ll need to complete more Rocket-related special research missions.
A Seven-Colored Shadow Guide
Here’s how to complete the Seven Colored Shadow quest!
Step 1 of 6
Rewards: 1500 XP, 500 Stardust, Gloom encounter
Step 2 of 6
Rewards: 2,000 XP, 500 Stardust, Xatu encounter
Step 3 of 6
Rewards: 2,500 XP, 1,000 Stardust, Rocket Radar
Step 4 of 6
Rewards: 2,500 XP, 100 Stardust, Super Rocket Radar
Step 5 of 6
Rewards: 3,000 XP, 2,000 Stardust, Larvitar encounter
Step 6 of 6
Rewards: 2,000 Stardust, 2 Silver Pinap Berries, 1 Lucky Egg
Purifying Shadow Ho Oh
If you want to keep your Shadow Ho Oh big and strong, you should not purify it. The Shadow boost does make it stronger, not to mention purifying it would cost a number of candies you could otherwise use to power it up.
One of the downfalls of now purifying your Ho Oh is that it’ll be stuck with Frustration as its charge move. That is, unless players invest 100 candies into picking up a second charge move or use a TM during an event.
Is Shadow Ho Oh Any good?
it’s good, yes but not amazing. It’s not quite as tanky as some other legendaries but it can some serious firepower if players get rid of Frustration ability.
Shadow Mewtwo remains the reigning champion, with no signs of being usurped.