UPDATE: SpongeBob SquarePants The Cosmic Shake Details
Sweet Sweet Victory.
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake was announced last year. But when is the SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake Predicted Release Date?
READ MORE: Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel New Packs & Solo Modes
We take a look at what little information we have on the game and find out.
When Will SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake Release?
In terms of a solid release date for the game, we don’t yet have one. Though if we had to predict a release date for the game, we’d say that it releasing later this year or early next year feels appropriate given how long it’s been since the game was initially revealed.
With the upcoming THQ Showcase today it’s likely we’ll learn more about the game there, so check back for more information.
What is SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake?
While we didn’t have a lot of details before, the THQ 2022 Showcase gave us an extended look at the gameplay. It seems like the game is going to be very similar to the recently remade Battle for Bikini Bottom, with a lot of 3D platformer elements present in the trailer, which you can check out above.
The official website for the game describes it as:
“Wish-granting Mermaid’s Tears in the hands of SpongeBob and Patrick… What could possibly go wrong?
Sure, the very fabric holding the very universe very together could come very undone, opening up portals into Wishworlds full of knights, cowboys, pirates, and prehistoric snails. But that’s nothing everyone’s favorite Sponge can’t handle – with the right cosmic costume!
Everybody do the Cosmic Shake!
- Unlock classic and new platforming skills like the Fishhook Swing and Karate Kick
- Don more than 30 spongetastic costumes like SnailBob and SpongeGar
- Travel to 7 distinct Wishworlds like Wild West Jellyfish Fields and Halloween Rock Bottom
- Experience all the buddy movie banter with SpongeBob’s permanent companion Balloon-Patrick
- Meet all your favorite characters from the series, voiced by their original actors
- Enjoy the in-game soundtrack featuring 101 songs from the series, including Sweet Victory“
Hopefully, we’ll see gameplay sooner rather than later so we know exactly what to expect from the game.
UPDATE: Our man on the ground Jay has played the game and we have his full thoughts below!
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more