How to Get A Sweet Gem Berry in Stardew Valley
Here's how to get a Sweet Gem Berry in Stardew Valley.
Unlike a lot of other crops in Stardew Valley, getting a Sweet Gem Berry can be quite tricky. There are a lot of extra steps involved when it comes to growing this inedible but rare berry which is one of the most coveted items in Stardew Valley because of the high price it yields when you sell it.
What is a Sweet Gem Berry in Stardew Valley?
Sweet Gem berries are among the highest-value items in the game. The berries take 24 days to grow from rare seeds and you can cultivate them only during the fall season unless you plant the seeds in a greenhouse. They do not grow after being harvested, which means you will need to replant new seeds every time. Iridium quality berries can fetch you 6,000g while normal variants can net you 3,000g.
How to Get Rare Seeds in Stardew Valley
To grow Sweet Gem Berries you need to get rare seeds which are sold to players by a traveling merchant located in the north end of the Cinderswap Forest every Sunday and Friday. During Summer and Spring, you will be able to purchase between one and five rare seeds for 1,000g each. These seeds are available only when the merchant has special stock available. Setting up a greenhouse to harvest Sweet Gem Berries is strongly recommended if you want to be able to cash out in any season of the year.
You can get the rare seeds from the traveling merchant’s standard stock but they have a 1.26% chance to appear, which makes it very difficult to get hold of them. While we already talked about how expensive the berries can be, you should save one instead of selling all of your stock once you get access to Sweet Gem Berries. Take a berry to Old Master Cannoli and you will get a Stardrop in return.
More Stardew Valley Guides
Featured how-to guides
- How to Befriend Robin in Stardew Valley
- How to Unlock the Secret Woods in Stardew Valley
- How to Increase Your Friendship With Lewis in Stardew Valley
- How to Choose The Best Farms in Stardew Valley?
- How to Get Truffles in Stardew Valley
- How to Get A Sweet Gem Berry in Stardew Valley
- How to Unlock The Greenhouse in Stardew Valley
- How to Become Friends With Marnie in Stardew Valley
- How to Catch Catfish in Stardew Valley
Featured walkthrough guides
- Stardew Valley Leah guide
- Stardew Valley Harvey guide
- Stardew Valley Haley guide
- Stardew Valley Emily guide
- Stardew Valley Alex guide
- Stardew Valley Abigail guide
- Stardew Valley Shane guide
- Stardew Valley Gift guide
Featured best guides
- Top 5 Best Stardew Valley Mods
- The Best Gameplay Stardew Valley Mods
- The Best Cosmetic Stardew Valley Mods
Your questions answered
- Stardew Valley Skeleton Key – What is it, where to find it and what to do with it
- What Is the Rabbit’s Foot and How Do You Find It in Stardew Valley?
- Who is Leo in Stardew Valley? All you need to know
- Stardew Valley Patch Notes fixes bugs and crashes
Head over to our Stardew Valley hub for more news, guides and how-to’s
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more