How to Unlock The Greenhouse in Stardew Valley
If you want to set up your own greenhouse in Stardew Valley, here’s what you need to do.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Stardew Valley is a farming simulator at heart and if you want to get better at farming, you need your own greenhouse. Having a greenhouse in Stardew Valley makes life a lot easier and you get to grow crops indoors, which keeps them safe from bad weather. If you want to set up your own greenhouse in Stardew Valley, here’s what you need to do.
Unlocking a Greenhouse in Stardew Valley
As you start your farm and clear away debris, you will notice some ruins which was previously the Greenhouse. There is nothing to worry about as you will be able to restore the building to its former glory. If you restore the Community Center by giving away items to Junimos, you can get them to help you rebuild the greenhouse. Make sure you complete all bundles in the pantries with the Junimos, and they will come and help you to rebuild the destroyed greenhouse in a single night.
Once you replace the Community Center with a Joja Warehouse, you will need to pay Joja and Morris 35,000g to get access to the Greenhouse Option as part of the Joja Community Development Project. If you do so, Joja will rebuild the greenhouse for you.
Once the greenhouse is built, it will take up 7×6 space on your farm. If you do not like the default location of the building, Robin can move it for you once it is fully built. Talk to Robin after the greenhouse is built and she will move it for you.
Inside the greenhouse, you will have access to a 10×12 plot where you can farm. You do not need scarecrows for greenhouses and they will never be hit by lightning, which is great. You will need to manually water the crops as rain does not get inside but you will be able to grow crops in any season without issues.
More Stardew Valley Guides
Featured how-to guides
- How to Befriend Robin in Stardew Valley
- How to Unlock the Secret Woods in Stardew Valley
- How to Increase Your Friendship With Lewis in Stardew Valley
- How to Choose The Best Farms in Stardew Valley?
- How to Get Truffles in Stardew Valley
- How to Get A Sweet Gem Berry in Stardew Valley
- How to Unlock The Greenhouse in Stardew Valley
- How to Become Friends With Marnie in Stardew Valley
- How to Catch Catfish in Stardew Valley
Featured walkthrough guides
- Stardew Valley Leah guide
- Stardew Valley Harvey guide
- Stardew Valley Haley guide
- Stardew Valley Emily guide
- Stardew Valley Alex guide
- Stardew Valley Abigail guide
- Stardew Valley Shane guide
- Stardew Valley Gift guide
Featured best guides
- Top 5 Best Stardew Valley Mods
- The Best Gameplay Stardew Valley Mods
- The Best Cosmetic Stardew Valley Mods
Your questions answered
- Stardew Valley Skeleton Key – What is it, where to find it and what to do with it
- What Is the Rabbit’s Foot and How Do You Find It in Stardew Valley?
- Who is Leo in Stardew Valley? All you need to know
- Stardew Valley Patch Notes fixes bugs and crashes
Head over to our Stardew Valley hub for more news, guides and how-to’s