The Best Gameplay Stardew Valley Mods
What are some of the best gameplay-changing Stardew Valley mods? We've got a small list for you!
Some games are made to be played, others are made to be an experience, there there are those that are simply the embodiment of… cozy. Games you don’t have to worry about, there’s no big grand fight at the end, nor is there a time limit to accomplish a great quest. These are the games that really let you take a moment to breathe. Stardew Valley is – as you can tell considering this article’s title – one of those games.
Even looking at it, just invokes feelings of comfort. The music takes you away and within moments you’re no longer in your real-world, instead you’re on your digital grandpa’s farm you’ve inherited in the quaint little Stardew Valley. There are the Stardew veterans among us who’ve played countless hours on different and new farms. There are those who spill hours and love into a single farm, then there are those who hop in and out when the feeling hits them.
Well, Stardew Valley is such a simple little pixel game. And considering it’s popularity, it’s no surprise that there is an active community. A community of artists and creatives, and those who’ve taken time to even mod the game. Stardew Valley Mods are all over, those that better the overall game, those that change character appearance, those that even add new mechanics to the game. Some players might not like the generic pixel-style we start off. Or they feel like it’s a bit lacking. Well for PC Stardew Valley players, we’ve gathered some of the best cosmetic-only Stardew Valley mods.
These mods are – sadly – only available for PC players. Furthermore, these mods we’ve listed here are only cosmetic ones. So they’ll change the overall look of your game, or only change certain small parts. These mods will affect your core gameplay in some way, so if you want vanilla gameplay only, disregard these mods. And if you’re looking for cosmetic changes, check out the best cosmetic Stardew Valley mods!
Stardew Valley Mods: Expanded Shop Inventories
If you’re a Stardew Valley veteran, you’ll know exactly what to expect from Pierre’s, Clint’s, Marnie’s, Krobus’s and Robin’s. But you also know that sometime they don’t sell what you’d expect them to have in stock. Furthermore, isn’t it annoying when you need a specific something but don’t have the tools or desire to go to the mines, or go out to the forest to forage. Well, thankfully this mod adds various items to the various shops in-game.
Clint now also sells
- Copper Bar
- Iron Bar
- Gold Bar
- Earth Crystal
- Frozen Tear
- Fire Quartz
- Charcoal Kiln
- Lightning Rod
- Iron Fence
- Iron Lamp-post
Krobus now also sells
- Void Essence (infinite, but more expensive)
- Solar Essence (infinite, but more expensive)
Robin now also sells
Pierre now also sells
- Deluxe Fertilizer
- Tree Fertilizer
Marnie now also sells
- Goat milk
- Goat Cheese
- Truffle Oil
Stardew Valley Mods: CJB Cheats Menu
Some people like to work and earn their rewards the way the game intended, but then there’s also those who want to just play the game and not worry about anything. And considering certain rules that the already-lenient Stardew Valley game has, giving yourself complete and free reign could be what’s missing for some people.
This mod allows for pretty much everything. You can increase your skill level, your friendship level, you can change the weather, warp to different locations and pretty much get rid of any and all constraints.
Stardew Valley Mods: Tractor Mod
Are you one of the people who’s made one of the biggest farms out there but going about and harvesting your earnings is just tedious? Well, you’re not the only one who thought so. In fact, there’s a mod that adds a tractor to your game. One that introduces a series of new tools.
You’ll need to buy the tractor garage from Robin, after which you’ll have access to the powerful and incredibly useful tractor! The tractor adds a series of features to the game, including:
|Tractor Mod||What it does|
|Axe||Clears twigs / weeds / dead crops.|
|Fertiliser||Fertilises crops and trees.|
|Grass starters||Plant grass.|
|Hoe||Tills dirt, digs artifact spots, and clears weeds.|
|Melee weapons||Clear dead crops and break mine containers.|
|Milk Pail||Collects milk from farm animals|
|Pickaxe||Breaks rocks, and clears weeds / dead crops / tilled dirt|
|Scythe||Harvests crops / bushes / flowers / forage / fruit trees / long grass, and clears weeds / dead crops|
|Seeds||Plant seeds in dirt|
|Watering can||Waters crops|
Stardew Valley Mods: Farmer Helper
Okay, we’re not perfect farmers. Right? We all make mistakes here and there and there’s not really much we can do about it. Or is there? Well thanks to the Farmer Helper, we might actually be able to become better farmers! This mod is actually a god-send. Sometimes we simply forget to do things and it can cost us later down the line!
This mod adds some reminders, prompting us to be the best farmers we could possibly be:
- Label seeds that are too late in the season to plant
- Prevent late planting
- Will warn about plants that need watering before sleep
- Will warn about plants that need harvesting before sleep
- Notify when animals outside before sleep
- Warn about animals that need petting before sleep
- Warn about animals harvesting before sleep
There you have it, some of the best gameplay mods to add to your game now, I hope you enjoy them!
More Stardew Valley Guides
Featured how-to guides
- How to Befriend Robin in Stardew Valley
- How to Unlock the Secret Woods in Stardew Valley
- How to Increase Your Friendship With Lewis in Stardew Valley
- How to Choose The Best Farms in Stardew Valley?
- How to Get Truffles in Stardew Valley
- How to Get A Sweet Gem Berry in Stardew Valley
- How to Unlock The Greenhouse in Stardew Valley
- How to Become Friends With Marnie in Stardew Valley
- How to Catch Catfish in Stardew Valley
Featured walkthrough guides
- Stardew Valley Leah guide
- Stardew Valley Harvey guide
- Stardew Valley Haley guide
- Stardew Valley Emily guide
- Stardew Valley Alex guide
- Stardew Valley Abigail guide
- Stardew Valley Shane guide
- Stardew Valley Gift guide
Featured best guides
- Top 5 Best Stardew Valley Mods
- The Best Gameplay Stardew Valley Mods
- The Best Cosmetic Stardew Valley Mods
Your questions answered
- Stardew Valley Skeleton Key – What is it, where to find it and what to do with it
- What Is the Rabbit’s Foot and How Do You Find It in Stardew Valley?
- Who is Leo in Stardew Valley? All you need to know
- Stardew Valley Patch Notes fixes bugs and crashes
Head over to our Stardew Valley hub for more news, guides and how-to’s
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more