Apex Legends Mobile tier list Season 1
Tier list for playable Legends in Apex Legends Mobile Season 1
Read below for our Apex Legends Mobile tier list season 1 edition, covering all the playable characters / Legends of the game, including the mobile exclusive Legend ‘Fade’. For an Apex Legends mobile weapons tier list, check out our seperate Apex Legends Mobile gun tier list page.
Apex Legends Mobile vs PC version / console version – do Legends play differently?
Apex Legends Mobile is a new version of the game specifically built for smartphones, with its own touchscreen controls and tweaks to the gameplay to make it best optimised for the new platform. This, combined with the fact that the number of playable Legends is lower in the mobile game (at least at this stage, we expect more to be added later) means that existing tier lists won’t cut it. That being said, the core abilities and playstyle of each character remain pretty much the same, so you won’t have to relearn how to play them.
Apex Legends Mobile tier list for characters
Below is our tier list for the playable Legends currently available in Apex Legends Mobile, ordered from best (S) to worst (C). You can of course pick whichever character you want: some people just happen to be better playing a particular Legend, even if it’s placed on a relatively low tier, so may want to continue to do so. This list represents purely the effectiveness of each character in the competitive game as objectively as possible, based upon playtesting in the Beta.
You’ll notice this is a shorter list of playable characters compared to the full PC/console version of the game. We expect to see all of the other characters from the main game (Ash, Newcastle, Seer, Valkyrie, Mad Maggie, Octane, Loba, Fuse, Rampart, Horizon) to be included in subsequent seasons, and we’ll update this tier list accordingly. See further down this page for a full breakdown of each character, their abilities, and the reason for their ranking.
|A||Octane, Wraith, Lifeline, Fade|
|B||Bangalore, Pathfinder, Caustic|
Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 – Legends breakdown
Below you can read more about the abilities of each playable Legend in Apex Legends Mobile Season 1, and more about their strenghts and weakenesses (characters are arranged in alphabetical order).
Bangalore – B tier
- Passive Ability: Double Time – Increases the player’s sprint speed by 30% when under fire for 2 seconds.
- Tactical Ability: Smoke Launcher – Fires an impact-detonating smoke grenade, creating a wall of smoke to allow players to move without being detected by the enemy.
- Ultimate Ability: Rolling Thunder – Calls in a protracted artillery strike on a player designated area.
Bangalore has some abilities which are useful in helping your team escape out of sticky situations. Smoke Launcher can conceal your team (either in attack or defence) and the Rolling Thunder Ultimate is a decent area denial attack to keep your enemies at bay. Unfortunately, the Ultimate Ability is outmatched by Gibraltar’s in terms of damage and the time it takes for the strike to come down, and generally there are better value Legends on the roster (though there are also worse). Note: It’s strongly advised that you equip Digital Threats as Bangalore to enable you to see through your own smoke screen.
Bloodhound – S tier
- Passive Ability: Tracker – Allows you to see the tracks left by your enemies. You can tell how long ago your opponents passed through an area on the map and use this to estimate their current position.
- Tactical Ability: Eye of the Allfather – Allows you to see any hidden traps, enemies, or clues on the map that are located in front of your character for a short period of time.
- Ultimate Ability: Beast of the Hunt – Boosts the movement speed and agility of your character. You can also use your Tactical Ability more frequently. The surrounding environment turn a grey/monochrome color but enemy players are highlighted in red.
Bloodhound is one of the original Legends, and has occupied the top tiers of player favourites since the game’s inception. Although the passive Tracker ability isn’t the best, the Eye of the Allfather ability is very useful for helping the team spot enemy flanking attacks, and revealing concealed enemies. Used in conjunction with Beast of the Hunt, the bloodhound player can scan even more frequently. As a Recon character, a Bloodhound player can also scan Survey Beacons for ring knowledge rewards.
Caustic – B tier
- Passive Ability: Nox Vision – Allows the player character to see the outline of enemies through their own gas clouds, as well as the deployed gas clouds of their enemy.
- Tactical Ability: Nox Gas Trap – The player can drop Nox gas canisters that detonate when enemies move to close to them or when they are shot at by the player, producing a cloud which lasts for a short period, dealing Area Of Effect damage and denying enemies ease of movement through the area.
- Ultimate Ability: Nox Gas Grenade – A grenade which releases a gas cloud upon detonation, damaging whichever enemies are inside it.
Caustic is best suited to fighting in close-quarters, particularly within buildings, and can utilize the Nox Gas Trap and Nox Gas Grenade abilities to close off certain areas to enemy approach. This Legend is less powerful than he used to be in earlier seasons of the PC/console version of the game, his Nox Gas traps now being able to be destroyed after detonation, the duration of the clouds being slightly shorter, and the damage they deal being less than they once did. Nevertheless, Caustic still gives decent tactical options.
Fade – B tier
- Passive Ability: Slipstream – Everytime the player slides they get a speed boost.
- Tactical Ability: Flash Back – The player can ‘reverse time’ around their character by 2:30 to bring their geographical position back to where they were at this point, heloing them to get out of danger.
- Ultimate Ability: Phase Chamber – Throws down an item which explodes in a spherical are of effect that phases out anyone inside it, rendering them invulnerable to damage. Also does a small amount of damage to enemies.
The playable character unique to Apex Legends Mobile, Fade combines Tactical and Ultimate abilities that are similar to Wraith’s with a speed boost on the slide. At the moment we’re shoving Fade in A tier, but further playtesting may change our mind a bit.
Gibraltar – S tier
- Passive Ability: Gun Shield – Aiming down the sights of your weapon causes a shield to deploy from your characters arm which offers protection from oncoming fire.
- Tactical Ability: Dome of Protection – A large deployable dome shield that protects both your character and teammates from oncoming fire. Enables the player to fast-revive downed teammates within the dome.
- Ultimate Ability: Defensive Bombardment – Calls in an explosive mortar strike on a player designated position.
Gibraltar has a big hitbox, making him an easy target for enemy fire, and can feel a bit cumbersome movement-wise (although he doesn’t actually run any slower than most other Legends), but despite this, he’s the most picked character in the Apex Legends Global Series competition, due to how useful his abilities are for any team he’s on (assuming he’s used right). The Gun Shield Passive ability is decent, but the real value comes in his Tactical Ability and Ultimate. The Dome of Protection allows the team to push enemy positions where cover is scarce, scan beacons, or revive fallen teammates with a degree of protection; and Defensive Bombardment is great for halting an enemy advance before you get overrun.
Lifeline – A tier
- Passive Ability: Combat Revive – Deploys the D.O.C Heal Drone (see below) to revive teammates automatically. This means you don’t have to do it yourself manually and frees up the player for movement and combat. In Apex Legends Mobile Season 1, Lifeline also comes with a revive shield that protects allies as she revives them.
- Tactical Ability: D.O.C (Drone Of Compassion ) Heal Drone – Deploys a drone that automatically heals any nearby teammates over time (though be aware it can also be used by enemies).
- Ultimate Ability: Care Package – Calls in a drop pod full of defensive items for your squad, including ammo, shileds, and heals.
As the version of Lifeline playable in Apex Legends Mobile Season 1 still retains her revive protection shield (which was removed in later seasons of the PC/console version) the character remains one of the best picks of the roster for squad support. Be aware that using the Care Package ultimate ability will alert enemies to your position, but you can use this to your advantage and draw them into a trap.
Mirage – C tier
- Passive Ability: Now You See Me – Cloaks the player character when they are reviving downed teammates or plugging name tags into the Respawn Beacon.
- Tactical Ability: Psyche Out – Sends out a holographic decoy (with reduced health compared to the player) that produces footstep noise to draw enemies.
- Ultimate Ability: Life of the Party –Deploys five holographic decoys simultaneously whilst also making the player character temporarily invisible.
The Apex Legends Mobile version of Mirage doesn’t yet have the same boosts to his abilities that came with Season 7 of the main game (where his decoys were tweaked to be more convincing to enemy players), so his usefulness is a bit limited relative to other characters. Not the worst Legend currently available, but definitely not one of the better options in mobile Season 1.
Octane – A tier
- Passive Ability: Swift Mend – Heals the player character at a rate of 1 HP per second.
- Tactical Ability: Stim – Boosts movement speed by 30% for six seconds at a cost of HP.
- Ultimate Ability: Jump Pad – Deploys a jump pad that can launch any teammate who jumps on it through the air, with a double jump capability enabling you to leap even further if timed correctly.
Octane is a high risk / high reward Legend that is favored by twitch shooters and entry-fraggers due to his fast speed, though unfortunately often draws players who aren’t he best at teamplay and tend to focus on getting solo kills. If you manage to get a decent player though, Octane’s Jump Pad ultimate is very good for team attacking moves or when enacting rotations, and is particularly useful for offensive actions when combined with the Revenant totem.
Pathfinder – B tier
- Passive Ability: Insider Knowledge – The character can scan a survey beacon to reveal where the circle’s next location will be before it moves there.
- Tactical Ability: Grapple – The character can fire a grappling hook which can be used to pull the player towards hard to reach places or to quickly escape danger.
- Ultimate Ability: Zipline Gun – Sets up a zipline between two points that the whole team can use, enabling fast travel between them.
Pathfinder in Apex Legends Mobile season 1 has escaped some of the nerfs that later iterations of the PC/console game has imposed on him, and he’s a worthy pick for a team which wants to maximise its mobility (an important part of the game after all). A correctly used Zipline Gun is useful for both attacking ambushes and getting your team out of trouble quickly.
Wraith – A tier
- Passive Ability: Voices from the Void – When an enemy looks at or targets the player character, a voice is heard warning them.
- Tactical Ability: Into the Void – The character phases into another dimension for a short period, rendering them immune to all damage.
- Ultimate Ability: Dimensional Rift – The player can create two portals that connect to each other for 60 seconds, for either attack or defence.
Despite the irritating tendency of some Wraith players to go it solo, if you get a team player who picks this Legend, then Wraith can be a great benefit to your team as a both a scout and someone that can get the rest of the team out of tight spots / into quick attacking positions with the Dimensional Rift Ultra.
We hope this Apex Legends Mobile tier list Season 1 guide has been of use to you. We will be coming out with an updated list for every new season of the Mobile version of the game, to reflect any buffs/nerfs/tweaks or new characters that are added.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more