Aliens Fireteam Elite is back with another new patch addressing Season 1 – Phalanx. The patch is fairly major, especially for the Doc mains out there, as Doc has significant buffs and kit changes that you will need to know before venturing into the Hive once again.
Aliens Fireteam Elite Patch Notes: Patch 220.127.116.11542
As mentioned, this is a major patch for Doc players. You’ll find that Doc’s Trauma Station is going through a bit of a rework when it comes to its energy. Furthermore, the change is a fairly big quality of life for teams with more than one Doc. Rather than having each Doc have their own Trauma Station energy, it is now a team-wide pool. That way it becomes easier to manage, rather than having to think about Which Doc has got energy left in their Trauma Kits.
Furthermore, the Doc has a Field Medic Perk buff, with its range going up an extra meter. This is somewhat big, considering when you’re in the heat of the moment, space and distance can get a little tricky to manage correctly.
- The “Trauma Station” Ability now regains energy when any player picks up an Aid Kit, instead of only granting energy to the specific Doc player that picks it up. If there is more than one Doc in the team, the energy is split between them.
- The “Trauma Station” Ability Replacers (Painkiller Station and Suppression Station) can now be placed down even when out of energy.
- Change to the HUD so that it now displays a notification showing the amount of energy replenished when picking up an Aid Kit, making it easier to tell when the “Trauma Station” Ability has been recharged.
- The Doc’s “Field Medic” Perk and its related Perks have had their range increased to 7m (previously 6m.)
- The Demolisher’s “Rampage” Perk should now work correctly with flamethrowers.
- The Demolisher’s “Assault & Battery” Perk now only grants up to 50% cooldown reduction (previously 100%.) This Perk has also had its tooltip updated to reflect this change.
- Fixed an issue with Special Ammo Consumables where they could be erroneously applied to the N79 EVA Laser Pistol. Attempting to do so will now display a message informing you that Special Ammo is not available for this weapon.
- The “Stuck Magazines” Challenge Card should no longer affect AI companions.
- The “Tactical Cam” Challenge Card should now correctly affect all players in a party.
- Fixed a number of places in the game where players could get stuck in the world geometry.
- Fixed a number of places in the game where players could traverse, but enemies could not reach them.
- Fixed a situation where the Doc’s UI for the “Trauma Station” Ability’s energy bar could display an inaccurate value.
- Fixed a situation where kills with flamethrowers would not be counted towards the progress of a Tactical Opportunity.
- Intel items should now be able to be properly pinged with the correct message.
- Fixed a number of situations where more players than intended were able to group up.
The Patch is 1.82GB, according to the Steam Download Manager. It might be slightly more or less on consoles.
You can find the Aliens Fire Team Elite Patch Notes on Cold Iron’s website.