Battlefield 2042 Patch Notes for Update 3.1 goes live December 9
The Battlefield 2042 patch notes have dropped, detailing what to expect in pudate 3.1
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
The Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1 content patch is due to drop very soon. EA and DICE promise to update the game, addressing even more of the game’s balancing issues, along with plenty of the bugs and issues that players have complained about since the early access launch of the game. If you’re one of the players looking forward to the new 3.1 updates, here is a summary of the key changes coming in the Battlefield 2042 patch notes.
When does Battlefield 2042 update 3.1 release?
If you are wondering when exactly the Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1 goes live on December 9. If you want to know the specific times, then it is at 08:00 UTC. For our international readers, this translates to:
- 08:00 GMT
- 09:00 CET
- 03:00 ET
- 00:00 PT
Battlefield 2042 patch notes – Update 3.1
To summarize the key changes coming to Battlefield 2042 update 3.1, there are seven main themes. The game is going to get the following changes:
- Improvements to bullets hit registration consistency
- Balance changes for bullet dispersion and recoil.
- Ground Vehicle weapons, particularly the 30mm, 40mm, and 57mm Cannons, will get nerfed to reduce their effectiveness against infantry.
- Invisibility bug fixed.
- Bug fixes to grenades, explosives, and launchers.
- Improved Xbox functionality to enable and disable crossplay. This is important as crossplay seems to result in one annoying bug that causes server connection issues with crossplay enabled.
- Better sound, allowing players better audio awareness, along with better clarity on sounds, helping to distinguish actions in-game.
If you go on the official news post straight from the official Battlefield blog, you can read the update yourself. Unlike most other patches in other games, the Battlefield 2042 patch notes don’t detail what has changed, meaning players will not fully know how exactly weapon recoil has changed, or how much damage the cannons on vehicles now do. If you want to see what numbers, values, and bugs have actually changed on the launch of the Battlefield 2042 Update 3.1, you’ll need to see it for yourself when the patch deploys on December 9.
If you encounter any issues, report them to DICE and EA either through the Battlefield comm Twitter account or by posting your issue on the forums.