Fortnite Season 7 was released on 8th June 2021 to an eager player base. See below for what to expect in the new season of one of the biggest games on the planet!
Fortnite Season 7 Features
- The aliens can be found patrolling in locations around the map, much like henchmen or guards did in previous seasons. Alien parasites can attach to players’ heads and gradually drain their health, unless they manage to jump into water or get a friend to shoot them off their head!
- Flying your own UFO with mounted energy orb cannons and tractor beams is now possible, and these can be found on the map where location names appear flickering and purple.
- The Spire has been replaced with an alien landscape known as The Aftermath, Sweaty Sands has become pro-alien party town Believer Beach, and finally, Colossal Crops has become Corny Complex, a more built-up farm area.
- A pulse rifle, rail gun, and chimera ray gun, plus recon scanner are all new gear players can get their hands on, plus the sniper rifle and heavy-duty rifle have returned.
- Loot llamas are also back but this time they can teleport! Players must chase and shoot them to get them to drop the weapons and items they want.
- New Battlepass skins include Superman and Rick Sanchez of Rick And Morty fame, though these will both need either the attainment of Battlepass levels or the spending of Battlestars to unlock and Superman will only be available around mid-August.
The Season 7 Alien Invasion
New Fortnite Locations
New Season 7 Weapons
New Season 7 Battlepass Skins
When Does Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8 Start?
Usually, though not in every case, each new season on Fortnite starts the day after the end of the previous one. If this same pattern is followed then Fortnite Season 8 should start on Monday 13th September 2021.
Sometimes of course there is a lag of a day or two, but even then you would expect Fortnite Season 8 to launch very soon after the end of Fortnite Season 7.
We would then expect Fortnite Season 9 to start some time in December, just in time for Christmas!