God of War (PC) Patch 1.0.4 – updates coming thick and fast
Just a small hotfix to solve some of the more pressing issues hanging around in GoW. Let's take a proper look.
Not a huge patch here but it is only five days since the last version landed with us. It seems the last update introduced a few new errors of its own and these have now been quickly remedied.
God of War PC 1.0.4 patch notes
This is more of a hotfix to sort out some major issues that simply can’t wait, so installing the patch will at least fix the following issues, if you were experiencing them.
- Atreus will now reset his state during restart from checkpoint or saved game should he become unresponsive.
- Fixed some rare instances of graphics driver crashes.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect VRAM detection on Intel XE platform.
- Fixed an issue where the display mode setting would visually set to windowed mode when resetting display settings to default on an ultrawide monitor.
- Fixed an issue where control functionality would be lost if opening inventory during realm travel sequence.
- Fixed a crash that could occur at client shutdown.
The biggest one here seems to be the error setting the game to Windowed mode on an ultrawide – by now means something that would affect the majority of players, but pretty annoying if you were one sporting a nice expensive display on your desk.
Besides this, the devs have also add support for the DLSS sharpening slider, so if you are looking to eke out every last bit of juice from your older GPU, this is another control you can play around with.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more