iOS 17 beta 1 : The next iOS 17 beta release date estimate
We discuss the iOS 17 developer beta 1 release date & iOS 17 public beta 1 release date info, and its predicted features
The first iOS 17 beta release date is not long away. We strongly expect iOS 17 beta 1 (i.e. iOS 17 developer beta 1) to come out within the next few weeks.
Read below for our specific prediction, plus the latest news about iOS 17 beta features.
iOS 17 beta 1 release date prediction
Looking at the previous iOS beta 1 release date history, both iOS 15 beta 1 and iOS 16 beta 1 (developer beta versions) were released on the same day they were announced at the Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). This is an annual tech conference held by Apple with a big focus on their various operating systems.
We therefore strongly expect that the iOS 17 beta 1 release date will follow the same pattern, coming out at some point in this years WWDC 2023 event, which runs between Monday the 5th of June – Friday the 9th of Jun 9, 2023.
iOS 17 beta features
Bloomberg’s very own Mark Gurman, believes that we won’t get as many big changes with iOS 17 as we did with iOS 16, with Apple apparently focusing more on the release of the Apple Reality Pro VR headset.
Details of the features generally are thin on the ground at the moment, but Apple has recently announced a whole raft of accessibility features due for later in 2023, many of them powered by AI tech, which we can assume will come with iOS 17. These include the following:
- Personal Voice – Perhaps the most interesting feature, this will allow iPhone users to create ‘a synthesized voice that sounds like them’ in a timespan of only 15mins, to use if they lost their voice (rather than using one of the standard Siri voice packs). This can then be added to Live Speech.
- Assistive Access – This offers a simplified experience / user interface with larger buttons and text labels that combines various apps together that have similar functions (e.g. Phone and FaceTime are combined together).
- Detection Mode & Point and Speak – These features will be added to the Magnifier app
- Remember This – A new feature within Notes that allows users to create visual diaries.
- Pairing of Made for iPhone hearing devices with MacBooks & iMacs.
- Multiple phonetic suggestions in Voice Control for similar sounding words, plus improved Voice Control Guide.
- Better font size adjustment in Calendar, Finder, Mail, Messages, and Notes.
- Moving images / GIFs etc. can be paused for those sensitive to them.
- Siri speech control can adjust the speaking speed between 0.8x – 2.0x.
iOS 17 beta 1 FAQs
Is iOS 17 beta out?
The iOS 17 beta is not yet out, however we expect to see the first beta released in a matter of weeks, during or after WWDC 2023.
What’s new in the iOS 17 beta?
Although the iOS 17 beta has not yet been released, we know for sure that there will be a whole raft of accessibility improvements coming that Apple has officially announced.
More features will appear but we’ll have to wait and see what these are.
iOS 17 beta 1 release date : Final Word
Hopefully you now feel fully up to date on all things pertaining to the iOS 17 beta release date. Do have a looksie at our other Apple and phone pages whilst you’re having a browse, to keep yourself abreast of the latest developments.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more