iPhone 16 release date, specs & price estimate
When is the iPhone 16 coming out? Plus the latest leaks and info on the iPhone 16 specifications and price
The iPhone 16 release date may be a while away yet, but we can make a decent stab at guessing the likely window of time it will appear in, plus there have already been several rumored leaks regarding the iPhone 16 specs that are worth discussing.
Although iPhone 16 price information is non-existent at this stage, there’s a certain range it is likely to land within. Read below for all the details.
iPhone 16 release date window estimate
Although we’re a long way off the iPhone 16 release date, we can make a reasonable estimation of the window of time it will come out in just looking at the previous releases.
As you can see below, mid-late September is by far the most common period that iPhones come out in, so this is probably when we’ll see the iPhone 16 come out. There is however an outside chance that it will release at some point in October – early November however. Either way, at some point in Fall/Autumn 2024 is almost certain.
iPhone release date history:
- iPhone Release Date: June 29th, 2007
- iPhone 3G Release Date: July 11th, 2008
- iPhone 4 Release Date: June 24th, 2010
- iPhone 5 Release Date: September 21st, 2012 (Lightning Connectors Introduced)
- iPhone 6 Series Release Date: September 19th, 2014
- iPhone SE Release Date: March 31st, 2016
- iPhone 7 Series Release Date: September 16th, 2016
- iPhone 8 Series Release Date: September 17th, 2017
- iPhone X Release Date: November 3rd, 2017
- iPhone 11 Series Release Date: September 20th, 2019
- iPhone 12 Series Release Date: October 23rd, 2020
- iPhone 13 Series Release Date: September 24th, 2021
- iPhone 14 Series Release Date: September 16th, 2022
iPhone 16 specs (rumored)
Well respected Mac commenter Ross Young has stated that he believes the display sizes of the iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max will be 6.2-inches and 6.8inches respectively, which is a 0.1″ increase over the current line. ShrimpApplePro believes these size changes will be accomplished by both smaller bezels and a larger chassis. Although the size of the regular model was not mentioned, we can infer that (if these measurements are accurate) it will be smaller than the Pro version, and therefore will likely retain it’s 6.2″ display size.
Another big-name leaker Ming-Chi Kuo believes a new periscope lens will be included, offering better zoom functionality, plus sensor shift stabilization.
According to Mark Gurman, the iPhone 16 Pro and Pro Max will likely also come with solid state buttons (where there’s no physical button mechanism, just haptic feedback).
- Screen sizes: iPhone 16 (6.1″), iPhone 16 Pro (6.2″), iPhone 16 Pro Max (6.8″)
- CPU: Unknown
- camera: New periscope lens, 1/3-inch 12 MP f/2.8 sensor that can offer 5-6x optical zoom & sensor shift image stabilization, 8K video recording.
- other features: USB-C connection & power charging, Wi-Fi 7 support, under-display Face ID, solid state buttons (for the Pro versions).
iPhone 16 price (predicted)
The release of the iPhone 16 is a long way off, but we can make a reasonable guess as to the price by a process of deduction.
There are talks of the upcoming iPhone 15 variants being priced at $100 more than the current iPhone 14 models, although whether this will actually happen is up in the air. We’re pretty confident in saying though that if the price hike does happen this year, that Apple won’t do so two years in a row, but that if it doesn’t then it’s very likely that Apple will next year. Hence we predict the following prices ($100 above the current iPhone 14 price):
- iPhone 16 price (starting RAM & storage): $899
- iPhone 16 Pro price (starting RAM & storage): $1,099
- iPhone 16 Pro Max price (starting RAM & storage): $1,199
iPhone 16 release date, specs & price estimate FAQs
Is the iPhone 16 coming out?
There are few certainties in this life, but one of them is that if Apple are continuing to make a ridiculous amount of money from selling iPhones, that they will continue to do so.
Unless the company decides to change the naming convention after the iPhone 15 to something else, it’s almost certain than an iPhone 16 will be coming out.
Will there be an iPhone 16 in 2024?
Yes there will almost certainly be an iPhone 16 released in 2024, even though this has not been officially confirmed by Apple yet.
Apple do occasionally skip years in their iPhone releases, but they haven’t done for the last four years so it seems unlikely they will in 2024.
iPhone 16 release date, specs & price estimate
We trust that you now feel a bit more informed about the iPhone 16 release date, iPhone 16 specs, and iPhone 16 price. We’ll be updating this page with more concrete information as we get closer to the launch of this device. In the meantime, do check out our various other phone guides and news pieces, plus Apple and Android articles.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more