Spotted on the Microsoft Store, it looks like the 2012 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will be getting a remaster this summer.
Written by novelist R.A. Salvatore, best known for his Dungeons & Dragons novels introducing the hero Drizzt, the original game was met with mixed reviews. While nothing about the game was particularly groundbreaking, it was heavily praised for its stunning visuals and well-designed gameplay. There was also a touch of scandal about the release and the now-defunct 38 Studios that produced it. So, it’s safe to say “mixed bag” is an appropriate term.
The remaster is set to release on August 11th according to the listing. And, while we only know of it’s Xbox release right now, that doesn’t mean we won’t see it elsewhere too. It may just be that Microsoft dropped the ball and let the page go live before the official announcement. I mean, we get it, with all the canceled and delayed events going around, keeping track of announcement and release dates has become something of an Olympic sport at this point.
The listing came with some nice screenshots for us to pour over as well as the following description:
The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.
Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having “more content than any single-player game deserves!”
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy – all central to the primary mission.
- Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning has not yet appeared on the official THQNordic site, so it’s safe to assume this leak wasn’t supposed to happen yet. When we have more details on other platforms we’ll be sure to update you!