THQ Nordiq revealed today that a remaster of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, dubbed Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning, is indeed a reality following an accidental slip-up on the Microsoft Store last month that saw a listing for the game pop-up earlier than planned. The publisher hinted as much in early June.
Alongside, THQ Nordiq announced the game is set to launch on September 8th, 2020, for PC (Microsoft Store and Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Although the Microsoft store listing originally marked August as a likely release window, the release has been pushed back a few weeks to earlier September. There's now a brand spanking new Steam listing alongside an official web site for Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning.
THQ Nordiq has promised a remaster with all the bells and whistles you'd expect, including improved visuals, native 4K support, refined gameplay, all the DLC from the original release, and even brand new content. THQ Nordiq plans to release an expansion called Fatesworn post-release at some point in 2021.
THQ Nordiq describes what's in store as follows:
''The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world.
Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
- The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
- Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
- Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
- Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
- Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
- Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
- Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having "more content than any single-player game deserves!"
- Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy - all central to the primary mission.
- Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.''
Two editions will be available at launch. There's a standard edition that costs £34.99/€39.99/$39.99, and a Fate Edition costing £47.99/€54.99/$54.99 that includes the Fatesworn expansion in a season pass type deal. Finally, we have the Collector's Edtion that will set you back £99.00/€109.99 (no word on a US price quite yet) and includes the game itself, an 8'' Alyn Shir Figurine, Amalur keychain, original in-game artwork, and soundtrack all packaged in Collector's box. All three editions are available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
THQ Nordiq has released a new trailer. Sadly, it's a cinematic affair, and we've yet to see Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning gameplay in-action. There's also a trailer for the Collector's Edition.