MLB The Show 21 has received its latest update – 1.16 bringing in some Franchise and general UI bug fixes along with it. There is no new content to sink your teeth into with this update, however, the bug fixes are key and bring improvements we all really needed.
For those playing on PS4, the MLB update will be listed as 1.16, and for those on PS5, it will show as version number 01.016.000. Xbox players will see ‘Patch number’ 126.96.36.199.
MLB The Show Update 1.16
the new update fixes a crash that would occur in Franchise mode when pinch-hitting. They have also removed the option to sign free agents in the off-season through the layer search menu.
UI fixes include an added confirmation selection box when players select duplicate no-sell cards from packs, along with a few other bug fixes.
To see the full MLB update 1.16, check out the patch notes below.
- MLB The Show 21 Game Update 16
- PS4: 1.16
- PS5: 1.016
- Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S: 188.8.131.52
- Scheduled to deploy: September 15th at 4:00 AM PT
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pinch hitting for an out of position player in Manage Full Game
- Removed the option to sign Free Agents in the off-season through the player search menu (this would sometimes result in the player being duplicated)
- Added a confirmation selection box when players select duplicate no-sell cards from Choice Packs
- Fixed a bug where the player card would stay on the screen if the user pressed R2 and the Options button at the same time
- Fixed a bug where player position would sometimes be blank on a batter walk-up presentation
- Fixed an issue where some Xbox linked accounts would not receive game invites
MLB The Show 21 Patch Notes
There are no hitting or gameplay balance changes in this update.