MSI is adding two new motherboards to its AMD Ryzen compatible B450 MAX series – the MSI B450 Pro Carbon MAX WiFi and the MSI B450 Bazooka MAX WiFi.
MSI B450 Pro Carbon MAX WiFi
First up, the MSI B450 Pro Carbon MAX WiFi. It’s geared more towards the mainstream gamer wanting to use an AM4 socket Ryzen CPU. MSI says they’ve drawn inspiration from the ‘curve and shape of supercars’ for the design for this one.
Here’s the full list of features;
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics / Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects in one click. Synchronize RGB/RAINBOW strips and other RGB solutions for customization.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN2
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost with A-XMP
- GAMING LAN and Wireless support, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with the lowest latency and bandwidth management.
MSI B450 Bazooka MAX WiFi
Next up, we have the MSI B450 Bazooka MAX WiFi a Micro-ATX format motherboard aimed at the budget market. MSI has yet to publish full specs for the motherboard.
What we know so far is that it features a 32 MB BIOS ROM aimed at 3rd Gen Ryzen CPU allied to a Click BIOS5. MSI is throwing in Turbo m.2, USB 3.2 Gen1, Audio Boost for studio-grade sound quality, and RGB pin headers for those wanting to spruce up the interior of their builds.