How to connect an Xbox controller to an iPhone
Here's how to sync up your Xbox controller wiht IOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad
Did you know it is possible to connect an Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Series S controller to your iPhone? Thanks to an older update, you can connect devices through Bluetooth and enjoy nearly every game in Apple Arcade.
Not every game supports an Xbox controller but the whole process is very simple, so let’s get started.
You need a Bluetooth Xbox controller to connect to an iPhone
Make sure the controller you want to connect to your iPhone is a Bluetooth one. Almost all modern official Xbox controllers support Bluetooth, so for those on the Xbox One, Series X, and S, you are likely to be ok.
Supported Xbox controllers:
- Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth (Model 1708)
- Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
- Xbox Adaptive Controller
- Xbox Wireless Controller Series S and Series X
How to connect Xbox controller to iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV, or Mac
- Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller. If the controller is still paired with your Xbox, the light will remain lit. If yours does this, press the pairing button so that the light begins to flash.
- Now head to the settings app on your IOS device and select ‘Bluetooth’
- Next, you should see the Xbox controller listed as a device, tap it, and then select ‘Pair’
If you need to disconnect the Xbox controller from your iPhone later, go into the same menu, and then select the small ’i’ icon.
You can connect your controller back to your console by first turning on your console and controller. Press the pairing button on your Xbox and then within 20 seconds of that press, press and hold the pairing button on your controller.
If you have any issues, make sure you’ve disconnected the Xbox controller from the iPhone, and in the worst-case scenario, you can plug in the USB cable for an instant connection.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more