Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update & Wave 4 DLC are now available!
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has just release it’s fourth wave of DLC courses and content. This comes along side an update for the base game, and a new playable character, Birdo!
Let’s take a look at the patch notes, the most prominent of which is the DLC support. However, we can also see improvements and some fixes, too
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 4 – Full Course List
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe updates
Ver. 2.3.0 (Released March 8, 2023)
Support for DLC
- Now supports paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 4 (two cups, eight courses, and one character, Birdo).
- Improved the performance of some characters and vehicle customizations.
- Made it so that the player can see the rear view mirror when spinning, crashing, or changed into Bullet Bill.
- Made it so, if the player uses a Super Star or Boo at the same time that they are hit by Lightning, their kart will not crash or become small.
- Made it so, when jumping from a Whomp in Tour Berlin Byways, karts can leap over the fence.
- Added Golden Mushroom to Custom Items in Renegade Roundup.
- Added “Booster Course Pass” button to main menu. If a player does not have the Booster Course Pass, a link to the Nintendo eShop will be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where, when the player’s kart became small after being hit by lightning, it would slip into the ground.
- Fixed an issue where, when the player’s kart ran into a wall, they would be carried over by Lakitu even though they had not left the course.
- Fixed an issue where the player character would not be able to hit an opponent with a red shell when that opponent was jumping on a half-pipe.
- Fixed an issue where the player character could not drift after jumping and landing in a half pipe.
- Fixed an issue so that the player can use another item other than Boo right after using Boo.
- Fixed an issue where the player could not throw a Boomerang after catching it and it entered the second item slot.
- Fixed an issue where, when a player character hit the Blooper in an opponent’s Crazy 8, they would have ink squirted on them even though they are using the Super Star.
- Fixed an issue where, when the player stops looking at the rear view mirror, the ink would disappear momentarily even though they had Blooper ink on them.
- Fixed an issue where, when player is hit with a red shell at the same time as changing into Bullet Bill, they would go off the course.
- Fixed an issue where, at the escalator in Wii Coconut Mall, there would be a communication error when a character could not move forward.
- Fixed an issue when changed into Bullet Bill in N64 Dry Dry Desert, where the character would slip into the ground.
- Fixed an issue where the character would get stuck on the bridge posts right before and after the starting line in Tour London Loop.
- Fixed an issue where, on wavy floors in 3DS Rainbow Road, the character could be pushed way off the course.
If you have a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, you will get all of this DLC content at no extra cost!
This membership is $42.59 per year, or, if you’d rather not subscribe, you can purchase the Booster Course Pass outright for $24.88.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more