If you are finding that the Humankind multiplayer is not working and you are receiving the Humankind Forcibly Disconnected Error, this page is for you.
Although most players have not had any issue with Humankind on release, and the game has a ‘mostly favorable’ rating on Steam, a certain number of people have reported problems with the game, particularly with multiplayer.
Humankind Forcibly Disconnected Error Affecting Windows Store & Xbox Game Pass Versions
It seems that the Humankind Forcibly Disconnected Error is limited only to players who have bought Humankind via the Xbox Game Pass or the Windows Store. Players of the game on Steam, Stadia or the Epic Games Store have not reported the same cause of the Humankind multiplayer not working, though other errors like the crash at loading screen error still abound.
The nature of the error and the fact that it is limited to these platforms indicates that it is related to either Gamertag validation or network troubleshooting issues. We won’t know for sure until Amplitude Studios themselves patch the bug, which hopefully won’t be too far away.
How To Fix Humankind Forcibly Disconnected Error For Xbox Game Pass & Windows Store
- Reload the game and accept the Xbox sign-in prompt to authenticate your log-in properly.
- Restart your router/modem. It could address a Strict or Moderate NAT type issue.
- Restart your PC.
- Log out and back in again to reload the Microsoft Store and Xbox app.
- Switch between Xbox profiles on your account and back to your Gamertag, making sure your Xbox Game Pass subscription is activated.Steps 6-9 below are less likely to resolve the Humankind forcibly disconnected error, but are definitely worth trying as they have worked for some people – they seem to be more system dependent.
- Disable and enable your Firewall or antivirus monitoring incoming and outgoing ports and connections. Remember to turn it back on if it doesn’t address your issue. If it does work, manually allow Humankind through your preferred antivirus or firewall.
- Delete save game data from the PC’s Documents or Mac’s Library folder.
- Reinstall Humankind from the Windows Store.
- Connect with 4G / 5G or tether your phone.
The following steps are not guaranteed to resolve your issue, as there are some people still looking for a solution to the Humankind forcibly disconnected error. However for the majority of people, one of the below will probably work. We have listed the steps in the order you should try them, so please make sure you work through this list from top to bottom.
If you have gone through every one of the above steps but to no avail, then we suggest you have a look on over at the games2gether forum post covering the Humankind multiplayer not working issue to see if fellow players have discovered another potential fix.
As time goes on we expect that Amplitude Studios will release some sort of pass to prevent the Humankind forcibly disconnected error from happening for Xbox Game Pass and Windows Store users. We’ll be sure to update this page once this occurs (though at that point, it likely won’t be an issue for you anyway!).