Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 release date & specs prediction
When will the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 be released? Samsung Fold 5 release date and specs estimate
Read below for the best Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 release date prediction based on the latest rumors and information, if you’re desperate to know ‘when will Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 be released?‘, along with the latest rumors about the specifications of this device.
Samsung is one of the few companies to have not one but two flagship series of phones. While it is time for Samsung’s Galaxy S23 series release, the speculation and rumors about Samsung’s next foldable flagship smartphone are already storming the internet.
Currently, Samsung is running the fourth generation of the Galaxy Fold smartphone, which replaced the company’s famous Galaxy Note series. Needless to say, the fifth iteration of the device, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5, is all set for a 2023 launch. This upcoming foldable device is rumored to have better durability, improved display technology, better internals, and more. Tips and rumors are already painting an excellent picture. And here’s what we know so far about its release date.
READ NOW: Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S23 & Galaxy S22 price drop
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold release date History
Samsung launched the very first foldable smartphone in 2019 and wowed everyone. The South-Korean tech giant is one of the first companies to have launched a fully operational foldable smartphone in the market. Over the years, the company has refined the foldable formula, which led to the release of a more refined Galaxy Z Fold 4.
While the company hasn’t officially discussed the release date of the upcoming Galaxy Z Fold 5, we can get a clear idea of the company’s foldable release window by looking at the previous Galaxy Z Fold launch dates.
- Samsung Galaxy Fold launch date: September 6, 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 launch date: September 18, 2020
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 launch date: August 27, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 launch date: September 2, 2022
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 release date prediction: When does the Samsung Fold 5 release?
The first Samsung Fold appeared in 2019, and since then, the company has launched new foldable smartphones every year. So, there’s no reason to believe Samsung will skip this year.
In fact, according to Samsung’s mobile head, the company will likely focus more on the foldable smartphone in the future, overtaking the S series flagships in shipments by 2025. Add this statement to several rumors about the Galaxy Z Fold 5 flying about the internet.
At this moment, Samsung hasn’t officially confirmed the launch of the Galaxy Z Fold 5. But the company has followed a strict fall window like clockwork. Only the Galaxy Z Fold 3 was an exception, which was released a few days early in August. As last year’s Z Fold 4 was released in September, it is a safe bet to say that the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 release date will most likely be in September 2023 or late August at the earliest.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 specifications (predicted)
The Galaxy Z Fold 5 is not launching anytime soon, but reliable tips and rumors are already emerging about this Samsung foldable flagship, which suggests the company has plans to introduce a few updates. So, here’re what will likely be the specs of the upcoming Galaxy Z Fold 5.
*8th March UPDATE* Leaker Mr. Ice Universe adds further credence to the view that the Galaxy Z Fold 5 will come with the same 6.2″ external screen as the previous model (to the disappointment of those who wanted a bigger display).
- Design: Galaxy Z Fold 5 could get a major design overhaul. The company could use a teardrop-style hinge, like Oppo Find N2. According to the Korean publication Naver, the new hinge design could make the new more compact.
- Screen Size: 7.6-inches Inner Screen, 6.2-inches External
- Display Type: AMOLED. Samsung could use a prototype display called the Flex In & Out, which bends inwards and outwards.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 or Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Plus (If Qualcomm decides to release it)
- Rear Camera: Samsung is presumably sticking with a triple-camera setup. The primary sensor could be 50MP from Fold 4 or a new 108MP, accompanied by either a 12MP ultrawide and 10MP telephoto or 64MP 2x zoom camera and 12MP ultrawide.
- Selfie Camera: Rumored to get a 12MP selfie camera, an upgrade from Fold 4’s 10MP.
- Battery: 4,400 mAh, 25W wired charging
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 128.5 x 6.5mm unfolded and 158.5 x 67.5 x 14.5 – 16mm when folded (According to a Vietnamese website called, The Pixel)
- Weight: 275g (The Pixel)
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 release date FAQs
Is there going to be a Fold 5?
It is highly likely that a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 will release at some point later in 2023.
Read within for the latest predictions of when this will be, plus the likely specifications.
Is the Galaxy Z Fold Waterproof?
The latest Galaxy Z Fold 4 has an IPX8 rating, meaning it is water-resistant but not fully waterproof. However, the smartphone can still be submerged in fresh water for 30 minutes up to 1.5 meters of depth.
Does the Galaxy Z Fold break when folded?
The foldable form factor does make the device look fragile. But Samsung describes the devices as a tech built to last, and they are not wrong. The Galaxy Z Fold 4 is durable and lasts up to 200,000 folds.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Series
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 release date : Final Word
We hope this has given you the information you were looking for with regards to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 release date and specs. We’ll be updating this page as more concrete information comes out.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more