How to connect AirPods to Chromebook
How do you connect AirPods to a Chromebook? Read this quick guide for everything you need to know
Need to know how to connect AirPods to Chromebook? There’s nothing better than a quick and easy guide to explain all the details and set you on your way as soon as possible. We’ll walk you through everything you need to know, with the choice of a video demonstration or an easy to follow step-by-step guide.
Chromebooks are great lightweight laptops for those working with a limited budget, and you’ll be pleased to know that they aren’t lacking in compatibility for external devices such as AirPods, much in the same vain as other laptops.
Terrific Chromebook deals:
- Samsung Chromebook (15.6″) – Intel Celeron, 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC Flash Memory – was $349 now $249
- Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 (13.3″) – QLED Touch-Screen – Intel Celeron, 4GB Memory, 64GB eMMC – was $549 now $419
- Acer Chromebook Spin 514 (14”) – Convertible Full HD Touch – Ryzen 3 3250C, DDR4 Memory, 64GB eMMC – was $499 now $374.99
- ASUS Chromebook (14″) – Intel Celeron N3350, 4GB Memory, 32GB eMMC – Silver – was $299 now $218.99
- ASUS Chromebook (17.3″) – Intel Celeron N4500, 4GB Memory, 64GB eMMC – Transparent Silver – was $389 now $289
- Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 5 Chromebook (13.3″) – OLED 1920×1080, Touch 2in1 Tablet, Snapdragon 7cG2, 8GB, 128GB eMMC – with Keyboard – Abyss Blue – was $499 now $369
- HP Chromebook (14″) – AMD 3015Ce, 4GB Memory, 64GB eMMC, Mineral Silver – was $329 now $263.99
Can I connect AirPods to my Chromebook? Chromebook compatibility explained
AirPods connect to laptops and other devices via Bluetooth, so as long as your Chromebook has an operational Bluetooth connection, you should be able to connect the two with no problem.
However, be aware that you won’t get the same functionality out of your AirPods with a Chromebook as you would if you connected them to an Apple device such as a MacBook, iPad, iPhone, or other iOS product. For instance, you won’t be able to use Siri, or additional features like Spatial Audio / Dolby Atmos, or AirPod battery detection. Compared to connecting AirPods to an iPhone, the pairing of the devices will be slower, possibly less stable (more liable to connection failures), and also drain the battery life of your AirPods quicker.
How do you connect AirPods to a Chromebook?
Put the AirPods inside the charging case
- Before beginning with the connecting process, put the AirPods inside their charging case and close the lid.
- You need to make sure that the AirPods are sufficiently charged up before continuing: at least 25% battery life is the recommended minimum, but the more charged the better.
Press the Setup Button
- Once the AirPods battery is sufficiently charged, open the case again.
- Next, press the circular Setup Button on the back of the AirPods case (as pictured) until the light flashes. Newer AirPods and the AirPod Pro typically have this light located on the outside, whereas older models may have it on the inside.
Ensure Bluetooth is switched on
- Open the Quick Settings menu in the bottom right of your Chromebook desktop by clicking on the icon which shows the Wi-Fi connection, battery and time.
- You should see a Bluetooth icon within the menu (as pictured). Make sure this is switched to On using the small drop-down menu beneath the icon.
Scan for Bluetooth devices
- Click on the Bluetooth icon in the Quick Menu and your Chromebook should automatically scan for any available Bluetooth devices.
- If the AirPods don’t appear, make sure that the Setup light from Step 2 is still displaying, if not, press the Setup button again.
Connect the AirPods to your Chromebook
Select AirPods from the list under the Unpaired devices section, and select Pair.
The process should now be complete! Test your AirPods to make sure they work.
Connect Airpods to Chromebook: Troubleshooting
If the AirPods aren’t appearing under Unpaired devices or if they simply won’t connect after you press Pair, try all of the following:
- Check that your AirPods are fully charged and that the Setup Button is still activated.
- Try moving your AirPods to different positions around the Chromebook and trying again.
- Attempt to connect a different device via Bluetooth to your Chromebook to make sure there is not an issue with the Chromebook’s Bluetooth signal.
If all else fails, check out the Apple support page for more info.
Disconnect the AirPods from the Chromebook
If you want to disconnect the AirPods from your Chromebook at any point, simply navigate to the same screen as in Step 5, click on the AirPods underneath the Paired Devices section, then select Remove from list.
Other Chromebook articles
- Best Chromebook 2022
- Auto clicker for Chromebook guide
- Friday Night Funkin Chromebook
- Chromebook won’t turn on? How to fix it
- How to screenshot on Chromebook
- How to screen record on Chromebook
- How to restart Chromebook
- How to copy and paste on Chromebook
- How to right click on Chromebook
- Caps lock on Chromebook
- How to delete apps on Chromebook
How to connect AirPods to Chromebook : Final Word
This has been our how to connect AirPods to Chromebook guide. We hope it has been of use to you and you have successfully paired your Apple headphones to your Chromebook device. Do be sure to check out our other how-to Chromebook guides for more tips and tricks.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more