MSI Unveils Two New B450 Motherboards
MSI has lifted the curtain on two brand new B450 chipset motherboards. Naturally, the chipset means MSI is gearing these toward AMD’s 3rd-gen Ryzen 9 CPUs.
We have the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WiFi and the MSI B450M Bazooka Max WiFi. A mouthful, for sure, but they pack enough features to warrant the lengthy names.
MSI has yet to spill the beans on a release window or even a price but has been kind enough to share some specifications.
MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WiFi
First up, we have the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max WiFi. This one takes on the full ATX format and stand out features include a combo of PCIe 3.0 x 16 slots, dual-channel DDR4 up to 4133 MHz with a little overclocking, TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield, a massive I/O heatsink design, Audio Boost 4, and customizable RGB strips for the aesthetically-minded builder.
Here’s the full list of features as they appear on MSI’s website;
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics / Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Desktop Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Mystic Light and Mystic Light Sync: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects in one click. Synchronize RGB/RAINBOW strips and other RGB solutions for customization.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN2
- Core Boost: With premium layout and fully digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- Flash BIOS Button: Simply use a USB key to flash any BIOS within seconds, without installing a CPU, memory or graphics card.
- DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost with A-XMP
- GAMING LAN and Wireless support, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management.
MSI B450M Bazooka Max WiFi
Moving on to the MSI B450M Bazooka Max WiFi. It’s a Micro-ATX format motherboard that is firmly aimed at the budget market. As a consequence, it doesn’t pack quite as many features.
Details are a little lighter when it comes to this one, but we know it boasts an NVMe M.2 SSD slot, USB 3.2 Gen 1, WiFi, a lesser version of the Audio Boost, and some RGB goodies as well. We should know more once MSI provides more details.