When does the iPhone 15 release? iPhone 15 release date estimate
The latest iPhone 15 release date estimates, plus predicted specifications
When will the iPhone 15 be released? Read below for the best iPhone 15 release date prediction based on the latest rumors and information.
Apple recently launched the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro lineups, but plenty of rumors are already surfacing regarding the next generation of iPhones; the iPhone 15. It is still pretty early to say anything definitive about the iPhone 15, including its exact release date, as the iPhone 15 isn’t expected to launch until the Q3 of 2023, however there are various bits of information floating about that we can draw on.
Apple significantly changed the iPhone lineup with the iPhone 14 series by solidifying the design differences between the standard and the Pro iPhone models, as well as introducing a variant of the standard named the iPhone 14 Plus. Apple is likely to carry on this new lineup to the iPhone 15.
READ NOW: Top 5 phone deals December 2022
iPhone 15 release date history
In the last few years, Apple has been putting out a more diverse line of products, however the iPhone still leads their product launches yearly in terms of sales revenue. The company has been following a strict Fall/Autumn release schedule for years now, and we expect 2023 to be no different.
For a better idea, let’s take a quick peek at the history of iPhone releases over the years.
- iPhone Release Date: June 29, 2007
- iPhone 3G Release Date: July 11, 2008
- iPhone 4 Release Date: June 24, 2010
- iPhone 5 Release Date: September 21, 2012 (Lightning Connectors Introduced)
- iPhone 6 Series Release Date: September 19, 2014
- iPhone SE Release Date: March 31, 2016
- iPhone 7 Series Release Date: September 16, 2016
- iPhone 8 Series Release Date: September 17, 2017
- iPhone X Release Date: November 3, 2017
- iPhone 11 Series Release Date: September 20, 2019
- iPhone 12 Series Release Date: October 23, 2020
- iPhone 13 Series Release Date: September 24, 2021
- iPhone 14 Series Release Date: September 16, 2022
iPhone 15 release date prediction: when does the iPhone 15 release?
As said earlier, Apple has a strict release window for iPhones and follows it meticulously every year without fail. The iPhone 14 series was launched around the second week of September.
Apple usually picks a Tuesday or Wednesday to announce the new iPhone. After that, iPhone 15 will typically be available to pre order that same Friday, then hit the stores the following Friday.
This being the case, our money is on the iPhone 15 release date window being between the 15th – 29th of September, 2023. That being said, it’s possible the release could run on into October.
iPhone 15 specifications & iPhone 15 Plus specifications (predicted)
According to Apple’s new iPhone lineup, there is a standard iPhone line and a Pro line. The Pro version consists of two devices, iPhone Pro and iPhone Pro Max, while the standard version also consists of two: the base model iPhone and the iPhone Plus. The iPhone Plus model is the new addition. Apple will likely follow the same lineup for the iPhone 15.
There’s no concrete information on the iPhone 15 and the iPhone 15 Plus yet, but well known Apple commentators and leakers like Ming-Chi Kuo, ShrimpApplePro, and Mark Gurman have suggested the following:
- Display: 6.1-inch for iPhone 15 and 6.7-inch for the iPhone 15 Plus. This year, Apple could make Dynamic Island available to the standard models. So, iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus could get a pill and a hole instead of a notch.
- Processor: The iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus could sport the A16 Bionic Chip, currently used by the iPhone 14 Pro series devices. Apple will introduce the A17 chip, but it could be exclusive to the pro devices.
- RAM: Last year, the standard iPhone 14 models got a memory boost of 6GB. The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus will likely have the same.
- Port: The iPhone 15 and 15 Plus could sport a USB-C port.
- Camera: The iPhone 15 is rumored to get an 8P camera. One new element will be added to the lens material, reducing the image distortion.
iPhone 15 Release Date FAQs
Will iPhone 15 get a redesign?
It is possible the iPhone 15 will get a complete redesign. Apple usually changes the iPhone design every two-three years. The latest flat-edged design has been there since 2020. So, a significant design revamp is a possibility.
Will iPhone 15 get USB-C?
The EU mandate forced Apple to switch to USB-C. So, a USB-C port is highly likely.
iPhone 15 release date : Final Word
We hope this iPhone 15 release date guide has helped to give you some idea of when to expect this new entry to the iPhone range. Why not also check out our various other smartphone related guides whilst you’re here.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more