Horizon Forbidden West midnight launch event
Players in the UK can get their hands on Horizon Forbidden West first in a midnight launch
The Horizon Zero Dawn sequel, Horizon Forbidden West, comes out on February 18th, 2022 and will launch in the UK at an exclusive midnight launch event at one of the country’s biggest GAME stores.
According to a Twitter post by the UK retailer, fans of the Horizon PlayStation games will be able to get their hands on it first by heading to the event at Birmingham’s Bullring store. The exclusive launch party will also feature contests and giveaways, including a Limited Edition Poster for the first 100 gamers to arrive.
GAME UK Forbidden West midnight launch
The announcement reveals that the event will take place at the Birmingham Bullring branch of GAME UK, and will feature a host of exciting events to keep the evening going and keep gamers entertained late into the night.
The store will open for gamers out of usual hours in order to celebrate the release of the new Horizon: Forbidden West game, and will give fans the chance to win some exciting rewards. For starters, there’s the limited edition poster that will be given out to the first 100 people in line, so you’ll want to make sure you get there early!
During the event, the store will be giving away a copy of the Regalla edition of Horizon: Forbidden West, with no purchase necessary. But if you’re not lucky enough to be the winner, there will be a limited amount of the Regalla edition available for purchase, too.
Horizon: Forbidden West Regalla Edition
So what is the Regalla edition? Well, this incredible collection is quite a treat, including an insane amount of freebies – both digital and physical. Here’s the full list of everything included in the Horizon: Forbidden West Regalla Edition.
- Digital download codes for Horizon Forbidden West – PS4 and PS5 versions
- Horizon Forbidden West SteelBook
- A Regalla-themed, custom sculpted Tremortusk and Aloy statue
- Replica Focus and custom stand
- Two Art Print Cards
- Replica Sunwing and Clawstrider Machine Strike Pieces
- Mini Art Book
- Canvas Map
- Two special in-game Outfits – Carja Behemoth Elite and Nora Thunder Elite
- Two special in-game Weapons – Carja Behemoth Short Bow and Nora Thunder Sling
- In-game Resources Pack including ammunition, potions, and travel packs
- In-game Apex Clawstrider Machine Strike Piece
- Exclusive Photo Mode poses and face paints
- Digital Soundtrack
- Digital Version of the first Horizon Zero Dawn graphic novel: The Sunhawk
When does the midnight launch event start and where?
So far, the event has only been announced to be taking part in one location – Birmingham, UK, at the Bullring store. We don’t currently know if any other branches will host their own midnight launches. What we do know is that the Birmingham event will start at 11pm on February 17th, 2022, but you won’t actually be able to buy the game until 00:01 on February 18th. You’ll want to get there early, though, if you want a chance to grab that limited poster.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more