Overwatch 2 Preload And How To Pre Download Overwatch 2 On PlayStation, Xbox, And PC
Find out how to pre download Overwatch 2 on PS4, PS5, Xbox and PC
Overwatch 2 is launching today, but you can preload Overwatch 2 on whichever platform you game on, so you don’t need to wait for it to download when it launches later today. The pre download of Overwatch 2 can be activated across all platforms, including PC (via Battle.net), PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch consoles.
BUY NOW: Meta Quest Pro
One thing you need to keep in mind though is the preloading time and of course the file size (which changes substantially dependent on the platform). Below we take you through everything you need to know to preload Overwatch 2 ahead of the release later today.
What time can you preload Overwatch 2 on your system?
The time at which you can pre download Overwatch 2 differs depending on the platform you will be playing the game on, take a look at the preload times below.
- PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and Xbox players can preload Overwatch 2 at 9.00 am PT, 12.00 ET, 17.00 BST, and 18.00 CEST on the 4th of October 2022.
- PC players are fortunate to have been able to preload Overwatch 2 via Battle.net since the 30th of September 2022.
Note: New players who do not wish to purchase the Overwatch 2 Watch Point Pack will, unfortunately, have to wait until the game launches at 12 PM PDT on the 4th of October to be able to download the game.
Overwatch 2 Pre Download File Sizes
Please note the sizes below are subject to change prior to the official launch, however, these are what we have so far.
- PC file size – 50GB
- PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X – 30GB
How do I pre download Overwatch 2 on PC?
If you are a PC player then the preload should automatically download, of course, this is if you have auto updates switched on.
READ MORE: Overwatch 2 File Size
If not, then please head to settings > and select check for updates, this should kickstart the preload.
How to pre download overwatch 2 on Xbox?
To preload the game on Xbox platforms, please follow the instructions below.
- From the Xbox OS home screen, click ‘My games and apps’
- Find ‘Overwatch 2’ and press A to open up the installation menu
- From here click ‘Manage installation’
If Overwatch 2 is available to pre download it will appear here for you to then pre download the game.
How to pre download overwatch 2 on PlayStation?
To preload the game on PlayStation platforms, please follow the instructions below.
- From the PlayStation OS home screen, click Purchased
- Find ‘Overwatch 2’ and select it.
If the Overwatch 2 preload is available you will see a ‘Download’ button which will then allow you to pre download Overwatch 2.
Good luck everyone and have an awesome time playing Overwatch 2 today.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more