Is PSVR 2 Multiplayer?
Yes, but it's not really about the hardware
PSVR 2 is all set to launch on February 22, 2023, and it’s bringing some exceptional new features with it. The enhanced version of its predecessor, the PSVR 2, will mark the second big launch by PlayStation this year after the release of its DualSense Edge controller.
Sony PSVR 2
If you want to know whether or not PSVR 2 offers multiplayer capabilities, the answer to this is yes and no. Don’t know what that means? Keep reading to find out!
Is PSVR 2 multiplayer? Well, it depends on the games
PSVR 2 does not offer local multiplier capabilities, which shouldn’t come as a surprise since you can’t fit two heads in the same headset. However, according to PlayStation, you also can’t connect two PSVR 2 headsets to the same PS5 console simultaneously since it can only support one at a time.
With that said, since you can connect the PSVR 2 to the internet, you may get to play online multiplayer games through it. However, this will depend on each title released for PSVR 2.
Online multiplayer games will only be possible if the developers of PSVR 2 games decide to create them. For example, some gamers have predicted Gran Turismo 7 to have multiplayer capabilities.
For now, the datasheet for PSVR 2 doesn’t include online compatibility. It only mentions online downloads and updates. However, if you’re playing your PS5 games using the PSVR 2 as your display, those games will have multiplayer capabilities.
We can only wait for PS to release PSVR 2, and only then will we know whether it has online multiplayer capabilities. As for local multiplayer capabilities, there’s still some time until we’ll experience that.
Since our testing phase for the full PSVR 2 review, we’ve learned that there are definitely multiplayer capabilities, as some of the early game codes we were given have these features. However, as they were pre-release, we couldn’t test them for ourselves.
PSVR 2 FAQs!
If you’re eager to know everything about the PSVR 2, you’re in luck, as we’ve written a lot of pages about the PSVR 2. For your convenience, we’ve listed it all below!
- Best Games for PSVR 2: What to look forward to!
- Does PSVR 2 Support HDR?
- Are the PSVR 2 controllers compatible with PS4?
- Can I Use PSVR Controllers on PSVR 2?
- Do I need a TV to use PSVR 2?
- Is PSVR 2 Multiplayer?
- PSVR 2 head size – Everything you need to know
- Does PSVR 2 work with PS4? No, and here’s why
- How to connect PSVR 2 to PS5: Quick PSVR 2 setup guide
- How to change PSVR 2 viewing modes?
- Where to buy PSVR 2 & pre order details (All regions)
- How To Sync PSVR 2 Sense Controller?
- How to turn the PSVR2 Sense controller on and off?
- Is The PS Move Controller compatible with PSVR 2?
- Is the DualSense Edge controller compatible with PSVR 2?
- Can you play normal PS5 games with PSVR 2? Cinematic mode explained
- Can you wear over ear headphones with the PSVR 2?
- Can you move while wearing the PSVR 2 headset?
- Does PSVR 2 track eye motion? Yes, but not in the creepy way
- What is PSVR 2 see through mode and how does it work?
- What size room do you need for PSVR 2?
- Can you wear glasses with PSVR 2?
- Vive XR Elite vs PSVR 2: Can console VR compete in 2023?
- Meta Quest Pro vs PSVR 2: Which is the best next-gen VR headset?
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more