Splatoon 3 Ver. 5.0.1 patch notes
Splatoon 3 has received a new update, Ver. 5.0.1, which includes a new DLC banner, bug fixes for player controls, and fixes for multiplayer issues.
The new DLC banner is available from the lobby terminal and can be collected by players who have purchased the Splatoon 3 Expansion Pass. In terms of bug fixes, the update resolves an issue that allowed players to climb unclimbable walls, slightly adjusts the sounds of the Heavy Edit Splatling, and fixes a visual glitch with the Trizooka.
Ver. 5.0.1 patch notes for Splatoon 3
Changes to DLC
- An Off the Hook banner is available from the lobby terminal.
- To collect your banner, you must first purchase and download the DLC content. Then start the Splatoon 3 game, visit the lobby terminal, and select Get Stuff.
Fixes to Player Controls
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to climb unclimbable walls in rare cases when performing certain actions right after doing a Squid Roll from a wall.
- Slightly adjusted the sounds the Heavy Edit Splatling makes while fully charged and while firing after being fully charged.
- Fixed an issue that caused Trizooka wielders to appear as if they were overlapping with the Trizooka itself after doing a Squid Roll from a wall.
Fixes to Multiplayer
- Fixed an issue in Wahoo World that prevented Zipcaster users from sticking to parts of the terrain in the center of the stage.
- Fixed an issue in Shipshape Cargo Co. that sometimes caused players to be submerged in water when landing on certain spots on the stage.
The update also includes two multiplayer fixes, one for Wahoo World and one for Shipshape Cargo Co. The Wahoo World fix ensures that Zipcaster users can stick to all parts of the terrain in the center of the stage, while the Shipshape Cargo Co. fix prevents players from being submerged in water when landing on certain spots.
This is a minor update, but it includes some important bug fixes that should improve Splatoon 3, so players should be happy.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more