How to use the PS4 Controller in Windows with XBOX Controller XInput Games
Unlike using the PS3 controller in Windows, the PS4 controller is supported by the OS easily with basic DirectInput drivers. Unfortunately, not a lot of modern games use DirectInput for controller support anymore. Instead, they use XInput, the API that is easily ported from XBOX games. Furthermore, the button and control axis are reversed or incorrect using the standard API.
Luckily there is an easy way to get your PS4 controller to work in Windows games that use XInput.
- Download this file and extract it to a permanent location
- Run ScpDriver.exe from the “Virtual Bus Driver” folder and click install
- It should show that Bus Device and Bus Driver are installed
- Connect your PS4 controller through bluetooth or USB
- To pair on Bluetooth, hold the Connect + Share button on the controller. You will be able to pair the device using your standard Bluetooth control
- Start ScpServer.exe
- If you see the message Controller : UPP_Worker_Thread Starting, it is confirmed to be working
- To make sure it is working, check Devices and Printers. It should show up as an XBOX 360 controller
This software supports up to 4 controllers connected at one time.
- Microsoft .NET 4.0
- Visual C 2010 Runtime
- Latest DirectX Runtime
We’ll update this article as the software is updated, and will add screenshots.