All new Void Fragments & Aspects in Destiny 2: The Witch Queen
A peek into what to expect with Void 3.0
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen not only invigorates the franchise with a whole new story arc, it also builds on what features and components are currently in the game to bring them to a whole new level. Similar to that of the introduction of Stasis in the Beyond Light expansion, Bungie has chosen to give Void Subclasses a bit of a boost by adding both Aspects and Fragments.
These Aspects and Fragments allow you to fine-tune these new Void 3.0 classes more than ever before, adding a new layer of RPGness to the franchise. Below, we’ll give you all the details on each Aspect, whether that’s for Hunters, Titans, or Warlocks, as well as the Fragments you can select so you can be as informed as possible before making your selections.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Void Aspects – All Hunter, Titan & Warlock options
As previously stated, there are Void Aspects galore with different options for Hunters, Titans, and Warlocks. Here, we’ll split them out into the three Guardian types providing you with short descriptions of each, straight from the mouth of Bungie.
Hunter Void Aspects
- Trapper’s Ambush: Player can activate Quickfall to spend their melee charge and dive to the ground, creating a smoke cloud upon impact. Enemies caught in the cloud are weakened and allies become invisible. In addition, Snare Bombs, upon attaching to surfaces or enemies, cause nearby allies to become invisible.
- Vanishing Step: Dodging makes the Hunter invisible.
- Stylish Executioner: Defeating a Void-debuffed target (weakened, suppressed, or volatile) grants invisibility and Truesight. While invisible and after a Stylish Execution, your next melee attack weakens enemies.
Titan Void Aspects
- Controlled Demolition: Hitting a target with a Void ability or volatile detonation will make them volatile.
- Bastion: Casting Barricade generates overshield for yourself and nearby allies. Those bunkering behind the shield will regenerate overshield over time and extend the overshield’s duration.
- Offensive Bulwark: While you have overshield or are inside the Ward of Dawn, grenades charge significantly faster and you have increased melee damage. You also gain an additional shield throw for your Sentinel Shield Super.
Warlock Void Aspects
- Chaos Accelerant: Hold down the grenade button to overcharge your Vortex, Axion Bolt, Scatter, and Magnetic grenades. Magnetic grenades overcharge into Handheld Supernova.
- Feed the Void: Defeat an enemy with a Void ability to activate devour.
- Child of the Old Gods: Cast your Rift to summon a Void Soul. When you damage an enemy with your weapon, your Void Soul will launch itself towards them and detonate nearby, attaching draining tendrils which deal damage and weaken the target. When your Void Soul deals damage, it restores either melee and grenade energy (if running Healing Rift), or health (if running Empowering Rift) back to you. Defeating an enemy who is being drained grants Rift energy.
Destiny 2: The Witch Queen Void Fragments
So, as well as the Aspects, Fragments can aslo be utilized to switch up your build for use in different situations. These Fragments add both improvements as well as penalties for your in-game stats so paying attention is key here to mould the best build for you.
Here are all the Void Fragments available and their accompanying descriptions:
- Echo of Expulsion: Void ability kills cause enemies to explode; Intellect bonus.
- Echo of Provision: Damaging enemies with grenades grants melee energy; Strength penalty.
- Echo of Domineering: After suppressing a target, gain greatly increased Mobility for a short duration and your equipped weapon is reloaded from reserves; Discipline bonus.
- Echo of Undermining: Void grenades weaken enemies; Discipline penalty.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more