How to unlock augments Fortnite – all 22 augments in Chapter 4 Season 1
Augments are now an integral gameplay mechanic - unlock them by playing!
There’s been plenty of changes since Chapter 4 Season 1 dropped in Fortnite, including changes to gameplay, the map, and battle pass. For gameplay, one of the biggest changes in terms of modification has been the incorporation of augments. This article will show you how to unlock augments in Fortnite.
Augments are a gameplay mechanic that function as perks effectively. These perks can will slightly alter the gameplay at a distinctively individual basis. As it stands, there are currently 22 augments available, here’s how to unlock and use them. It’s fairly simple: you just play!
Read on to find out more.
How to unlock augments in Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 1
Unlike when perks are sometimes unlocked through challenges in other games, Fortnite has made unlocking augments different.
When you play your first match, you will see that you have in fact already have some augments unlocked. These are the ones that the game will allow you to choose from approximately every two and a half minutes.
Each time a new perk can be chosen, more are then unlocked. Therefore, the trick to unlocking all the 22 augments isn’t a challenge, it’s just playing for longer. It might not bring a new one each time, but all of them will be unlocked over time.
All 22 augments in Fortnite
Here’s a full list of all the augments Fortnite currently has available and what they do so you’re ready when they appear for you in-game:
- Aerialist: Redeploy glider is active.
- Bloodhound: Enemies hit with bows and snipers are briefly marked.
- Bow Specialist: Attack and reload speed for bows increases.
- Bush Warrior: Large foliage grants full health and partial shield over time.
- Chug Gunner: Grants the Chug Gunner weapon.
- Demolition Munitions: Destroying non-player built builds can drop explosives.
- First Assault: The first bullet from an AR does more damage.
- Forecast: Always see the next storm circle on the map.
- Jelly Angler: Grants a fishing rod that only catches jellyfish.
- Light Fingers: Reload every weapon faster.
- Mechanical Archer: Grants a Mechanical Explosive Bow and Mechanical Shockwave Bow.
- More Parkour: Jumping replenishes stamina.
- Party Time: Gain balloons over time.
- Pistol Amp: Pistol magazine size increases.
- Rifle Recycle: Medium bullet weapons sometimes won’t use any ammo when firing.
- Rushing Reload: Shotgun will reload slowly when sprinting.
- Soaring Sprints: Lower gravity effect applied while sprinting.
- Splash Medic: Chug Splashes can come out of everything you open.
- Storm Mark: Can briefly see the area with the most enemies when the storm is clear.
- Supercharged: Vehicles do not run out of fuel and their health increases over time.
- Tactical Armory: Grants a Tactical AR and a Combat Shotgun.
- Tricked Out: Chonkers and Cow Catcher are applied to the cars and trucks automatically.
Players can check on the map for which ones they have unlocked already. Keep playing and good luck!
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more