How long do shooting stars last in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Here's a little guide on shooting stars in Animal Crossing New horizons.
One of the most popular cozy game out there is Animal Crossing New Horizons on the Switch. Oh the hours I’ve lost to this game, trying to please my fellow villagers and make them love me. This sweet little game is a real treat for anyone who plays it, considering the sheer amount of things you can do. Especially with the new recent update.
But what we’ll be covering now are the shooting stars. Those that show up in-game.
Animal Crossing Shooting Stars
So, what exactly is a shooting star in Animal Crossing? Pretty simple, same thing it is in reality. It’s a bit of space debris falling into orbit and burning up, giving us that beautiful fiery streak in the sky. But in Animal Crossing New Horizons, on a clear night, you might see one for yourself. Usually you’ll spot them between 7PM and 4AM. And if there’s a meteor shower going on, you’ll see even more of them around! If you’re not sure when a meteor shower will be happening, not to worry. Your villagers will let you know, as they’ll also be eagerly awaiting one!
Once the evening comes, make yourself comfortable and look up to the sky. Make sure your hands are empty and wait for that shooting star. Once you see one, press A to make a wish. And keep on going!
Once you do this, you’ll get a chance at getting Star Fragments that’ll wash up on the beach. Star Fragments can be sold but they’re better used as a rare crafting material. During most meteor showers, you’ll get a few dozen star fragments and a few Large star fragments.
You can also get zodiac fragments, depending on the month of the year that the meteor shower occurs.
- Aquarius Fragment: January 20 until February 18
- Pisces Fragment: Feb 19 until March 20
- Aries Fragment: March 21 until April 19
- Taurus Fragment: April 20 until May 20
- Gemini Fragment: May 21 until June 20
- Cancer Fragment: June 21 until July 22
- Leo Fragment: July 23 until August 22
- Virgo Fragment: August 23 until September 22
- Libra Fragment: September 23 until October 22
- Scorpio Fragment: October 23 until November 21
- Sagittarius Fragment: November 22 until December 21
- Capricorn Fragment: December 22 until January 19
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more