How to change nature in Pokemon Legends: Arceus (Mint item guide)
Natures return in Legends: Arceus and here's how to make the most of them
Pokemon Legends: Arceus brings with it mechanics new and old, building on previous iterations of the franchise to give it well-rounded RPG elements that you can tweak.
One such returning feature is Pokemon natures which have a big influence on your creatures as they level up. Natures directly influence certain Pokemon stats and can sometimes make or break whether you defeat that next boss. But, what can you do with natures in Pokemon Legends: Arceus? Here’s everything we know.
Can you change nature in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?
Akin to Pokemon Sword and Shield, Game Freak has chosen to carry over the changing nature mechanic from that game and put it in Legends: Arceus. This means that if you catch a strong Pokemon with a less desired nature, instead of simply throwing it in the Pastures, you are able to change it to a more favorable one. This not only saves time, removing the need to go out and catch more of the same Pokemon, it may also give you the vital component in defeating formidable opponents.
How to change nature in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
If you do want to change a Pokemon’s nature in Legends: Arceus, it’s a pretty simple task, although you do need a specific item to do so – Mints.
To acquire these Mints, you can do so in a few different ways but the most efficient is to progress through the game until you meet the NPC called Miller. He is found in the plowed fields, located in the South Western part of Jubilife Village. Complete various side quests for Miller and upon finishing the “Help Wanted: Rock Smashing in the Fields” mission, you will unlock the ability to use said fields to grow your very own Mints. Talk to Colza, the other farmer in the fields to get things up and running.
Once you have these Mints in your possession, simply open up your bag, press A to use it and choose the desired Pokemon you’d like to use it on.
All Mints in Pokemon Legends: Arceus
As previously mentioned, Mints change a Pokemon’s nature to one that you find more favorable. However, there are a bunch of different Mints on offer so what do each of these mean? Below we’ve provided a full list of all the Mints available in Pokemon Legends: Arceus along with what effects they have.
- Lonely Mint – Attack grows quicker, Defense grows slower
- Adamant Mint – Attack grows quicker, Sp. Attack grows slower
- Naughty Mint – Attack grows quicker, Sp. Defense grows slower
- Brave Mint – Attack grows quicker, Speeds grows slower
- Bold Mint – Defense grows quicker, Attacks grows slower
- Impish Mint – Defense grows quicker, Sp. Attack grows slower
- Relaxed Mint – Defense grows quicker, Speeds grows slower
- Modest Mint – Sp. Attack grows quicker, Attack grows slower
- Rash Mint – Sp. Attack grows quicker, Sp. Defense grows slower
- Quiet Mint – Sp. Attack grows quicker, Speed grows slower
- Careful Mint – Sp. Defense grows quicker, Sp. Attack grows slower
- Hasty Mint – Speed grows quicker, Defense grows slower
- Jolly Mint – Speed grows quicker, Sp. Attack grows slower
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more