Phoenix Point to be added to Xbox Game Pass
Phoenix Point will be joining the Xbox Game Pass list of games.
Phoenix Point is a strategy video game featuring a turn-based tactics system, developed by Bulgaria-based independent developer Snapshot Games. It was released on December 3, 2019 then gradually released for more consoles and players throughout the years. This trend has continued, as Phoenix Point Behemoth Edition is set to join Xbox Game Pass on October 1st 2021.
Intended to be a spiritual successor to the X-COM series, Phoenix Point features a lot of similarities to the X-COM series that many fans will enjoy. Upon its release, Phoenix Point was met with “mixed or average” reviews from critics for Microsoft Windows, with an average score of 74% on Metacritic.
But with the game joining Xbox Game Pass, it will also add more and newer features:
- Updated UI and controller support for consoles
- Countless quality-of-life improvements and community-led updates from Phoenix Point on PC
- A free current-gen update for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PS5 after launch
- Every Phoenix Point DLC to date, including “Blood and Titanium,” “Legacy of the Ancients,” “Festering Skies,” DLC weapon packs, and more
- The upcoming “Corrupted Horizons” DLC, which launches on PC on the same day
Phoenix Point Gameplay
The overall gameplay remains similar to X-COM. It retains the best of X-COM whilst also implementing new and reworked mechanics. For example, the aliens players face will mutate and evolve as they adapt to player tactics and technology.
When aliens win in Phoenix Point’s combat, they can mutate based on the weapons and technology used to fight them. The reverse is also possible: aliens who consistently lose can mutate to develop new natural selection abilities, like new attacks, physical defenses, and son.
These changes add a new level of re-playability and intuition to players and gameplay. At the very least, Xbox Game Pass members will be able to try the game out for themselves on October 1st.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more