How to make Scaffolding in Minecraft
Here’s how to craft scaffolding in Minecraft.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
Much like in real life, Scaffolding allows players to build higher structures safely – although many players choose to use this block as a decoration item as well. Since ladders and elevators can be easier to use when building, Scaffolding is considered a realistic element for players who want their building to look under construction while they’re working on it. Scaffolding has to be crafted by players from scratch.
How to Craft Scaffolding in Minecraft
Here are the ingredients needed to craft Scaffolding in Minecraft:
- String: The best method of acquiring string is through spiders. Dead spiders drop string, but you can also break a cobweb to collect some. It’s also relatively common to happen upon string during the game, particularly in jungle temples and dungeons. Cats are also known to bring players string often.
- Bamboo: Bamboo can only be found in the jungle biome. They are abundant in the Bamboo jungle biome as well. Break a bamboo tree and collect the smaller pieces that drop and add to your inventory.
Here’s how to craft Scaffolding in Minecraft.
- Start by opening up a 3×3 Crafting Table.
- Place the string in the top row, middle slot. The remaining bamboo must be placed in the left column and right column. The middle slot and bottom middle slot must be left empty.
- This crafting recipe will give you 6 scaffolding blocks.
Now that you’ve crafted six scaffolding blocks, you can stack them on top of each other for your building structures. Remember that scaffolding is not meant to be a permanent block and can be destroyed easily.
Make sure you keep an eye on the bottom block of the Scaffolding, as this can break and cause the entire scaffolding tower to collapse (with you as well!).
In the Java version of the game, Scaffolding can be placed on Lava, but it will burn in the Bedrock version of Minecraft. You can swiftly climb a scaffolding tower by clicking on the jump action. Descending is not so fast, and players will have to crouch to get down safely.
More Minecraft Crafting Recipe guides
- All you need to know about the Minecraft Crafting Table
- How to craft and use a Blast Furnace
- How to craft a Fermented Spider Eye
- How to make and use a Minecraft Armor Stand
- How to make a book in Minecraft
- How to craft a Shulker Box in Minecraft
- How to make and use a Fletching Table
- How to craft Minecraft Fireworks
- How to make green dye in Minecraft
- How to craft, find and use Minecraft Lanterns
And head over to our Minecraft hub for even more news, guides and how-tos!