Elden Ring performance issues and low FPS
We hope you don't suffer over the weekend
Receiving a great Metacritic score doesn’t mean it’s perfect, on PC Elden Ring has performance issues. There have been reports of the game suffering micro-stuttering and low FPS. Causing the Steam reviews to drop to mixed and tarnishing the near-perfect score of the game even with a huge player count.
Bandai Namco has acknowledged the performance issues and has asked its players to have patience and wait for upcoming fixes. It’s unfortunate that even after its delay people can’t enjoy day one performance from the game. Even after the few patches on release and before.
When will Elden Ring performance issues be fixed?
With the announcement coming on a Friday day after release it’s hard to think the game will be patched immediately. Bandai Namco hasn’t specified when it will be getting fixed but it will likely be at the earliest some time next week. With the weekend ahead and just having released there may be some delay to any more updates.
List of issues under investigation
- Regarding the problem of the mouse being too sensitive in the PC version
- We will be sending out a patch for this issue in the near future.
- Regarding the problem of Easy Anti-Cheat failing to launch when the Steam account name is set to 2-byte characters.
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and will be providing a patch in the near future.
- Regarding the phenomenon of frame rate and other performance-related issues during gameplayWe will be constantly working to improve the game so that it can be played comfortably on various PC environments and platforms.
- For the PC version, updating your graphics card drivers to the latest version may significantly improve performance.
- About the phenomenon of game data that does not save correctly in the PlayStation 5 version
- If the PS5 console is unexpectedly turned off while playing a game or in rest mode, saved data may not be saved correctly.
- We are aware of the cause of this issue and are working on a patch to correct it, but until the patch is released, please save your game manually by exiting the game regularly.
- Game data will be saved correctly if you quit the game by opening the system menu using the OPTION button and selecting “Quit Game.”
Can I still play Elden Ring?
If your game and graphics drivers are up to date you may not experience any Elden Ring performance issues. Then you’re free to enjoy the new game and keep dying to that one boss. However, you may not be so lucky and still have those issues, you can always try some Elden Ring fixes to find some more solutions.
However, if you’re playing on a PS5 be aware of the game data loss bug. As mentioned in their announcement, if the console is turned off during gameplay or in rest mode your data may not save. So until the game is fixed, you may want to consider saving the game by quitting every so often as to not lose your progress. And if you’re looking for help in the game check out our Elden Ring page to find all you need about the game.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more