Elden Ring: Crucible Knight Boss guide
Say Knighty Knighty to this troublesome foe with our Elden Ring boss guide
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Prices subject to change. Learn more
With few exceptions, the Crucible Knight is likely to be the hardest boss you encounter in Elden Ring’s Limgrave region. Boasting devastating attacks, a long reach, and even a second-stage power boost, this boss will likely cause you more trouble than either Margit or Godrick! Don’t worry though, we’ll help you take down the Crucible Knight with our Elden Ring boss guide.
How to find the Crucible Knight
The Crucible Knight can be found inside the Stormhill Evergaol. From the Stormhill Shack Site of Grace, ride south and then east onto the tip of the cliff. The Evergaol is easy enough to spot, despite the constant heavy winds.
How to beat the Crucible Knight
The Crucible Knight is a heavily armored foe with an impressive defense. But despite this, his reach is incredibly oppressive. The Knight will rarely grant you an opportunity to heal. You must ensure you have made as much space for yourself as possible before using your flask, otherwise, the Knight is likely to interrupt you and deal heavy damage to boot.
The Crucible Knight is capable of chaining multiple attacks together in quick succession. Never relax after a single sword swing, there are likely several more coming.
Despite his dedication to keeping his guard up, the Crucible Knight is vulnerable to being attacked from behind. If you have Sorceries available in Elden Ring, it is possible to use Homing Sorceries such as Magic Glintblade to break through this gap in the Knight’s defenses.
Crucible Knight boss mechanics
- The Crucible Knight will stomp the ground, sending out a shockwave and dislodging earth, dealing damage in a cone. This will often be followed up by a devastating forward lunge. This move is mostly used when harrying the Knight too much from the front.
- The Knight will swing his blade downwards with two hands, cleaving anything in front of him.
- The Knight will dash forward, swinging his blade in a horizontal sweep. This is done after equipping his shield.
- The Boss will crouch low behind his shield, before rushing forward and using the shield to lift you up into the air. Don’t attack him during this time, as he will take your hits without stopping.
- When reduced past half its health, the boss will gain two new abilities. It can grow golden wings and fly into the air, before lunging at you across the battlefield. It can also produce a draconic tail and spin around, hitting everything within a wide area.
When defeated, the Crucible Knight will drop Aspects of the Crucible: Tail. A powerful incantation that allows you to mimic the Knight’s powerful tail sweep.
All the Bosses in Elden Ring
If you want to find out more about all the bosses in Elden Ring, along with how to beat them, you can find everything you need in our Handy Elden Ring Boss Center.
More Elden Ring Content
We’ve been waiting to get our hands on FromSoftware’s Elden Ring for so long, we almost can’t believe it’s finally arrived and we have a massive amount of content just for you. Other than our Tier List, We’ll be here to walk you through every step of your journey through the Lands Between. Join us for all our Elden Ring content and guides over the coming days and weeks!